Predator 15 dies after getting unplugged

EmuPatrol
EmuPatrol Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have a Predator 15 G9-593. Everytime its unplugged it just dies immediately. Every time I try to turn it on while its unplugged nothing happens. First 3 times I did try to turn it on, keyboard ligths up and dies then after the 3rd try pressing the power button while unplugged does nothing. Warranty is 2 months pass its validity sadly. Battery reads 100% and everything seems to be fine software wise. Not sure about the hardware though.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    However it would be good for you to try this before:
    a) uninstall and delete the battery driver and then do step b;

b) disable fast start up in the power options and disconnect the notebook from power! Then press the battery reset button for five seconds and leave the notebook off for five minutes and test!

c)It is possible that the interlock button is not pressed properly! To solve this, try to tighten the screws of the lower case slightly:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓

b) disable fast start up in the power options and disconnect the notebook from power! Then press the battery reset button for five seconds and leave the notebook off for five minutes and test!

c)It is possible that the interlock button is not pressed properly! To solve this, try to tighten the screws of the lower case slightly:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Can you open HWMonitor (program) and check the wear levels of the battery?
    Might have to just buy a new one if its super worn.
    - Hotel Hero
  • EmuPatrol
    EmuPatrol Member Posts: 2 New User

A few of the screws underneath the service panel was a bit loose and one of them was about to fall off.  Tightened them up now. Somehow, it also got rid of that buzzing noise coming from the speakers when it reaches a certain temp. Worked great! Got more than what I intended to fix. Thanks a lot!
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited October 2018
    @EmuPatrol Good thing it solved your problem! However I wonder why what did you say "Warranty is 2 months pass its validity sadly"? Being that the warranty is for 12 months! Did you say that it was only two months before the warranty expired?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer