Laptop battery not charging ?

curiousaboundingpc
curiousaboundingpc Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives
Hi! I have a Aspire ES1-571 laptop. The problem is I am not able to charge the battery for it. The red battery light keeps blinking when I plug in the AC adapter to the electric grid. I have not used this laptop for about one and a half years and it is just kept in the draw of my cupboard in a brand new state. Now I am unable to recharge the battery for it.

Is there a way to put the battery back to charging state ?  

Comments

• It is possible that your battery has completely discharged! When the battery arrives in this situation, it is necessary to wait a little time until it starts charging, as long as it has not been damaged!
    However it would be good for you to try this before:
    a) uninstall and delete the battery driver and then do step b;

b) disable fast start up in the power options and disconnect the notebook from power! Then press the battery reset button for five seconds and leave the notebook off for five minutes and test!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • curiousaboundingpc
    As told by me " I have not used this laptop for about one and a half years and it is just kept in the draw of my cupboard in a brand new state. Now I am unable to recharge the battery for it ".

This means I cannot switch on the laptop. I pressed the battery reset button for more than five seconds yesterday twice and again tried recharging the battery but nothing happened. Now also I tried recharging the battery but it is not charging. The battery red light is still blinking when AC power cord is connected to electric grid. 

• The battery is very likely to be in trouble! Try disconnecting it and reconnect it again to see if the problem remains!
    Make sure the interrupt button, which I think is button I circled, is being properly pressed!

If you do not know how to disassemble a notebook, it is recommended that you have a service center that repairs notebooks!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • curiousaboundingpc

Can you please tell me what this image is showing and does it apply for my Aspire ES1-571 laptop in any way
  • This is an image of a motherboard identical to yours! That button that is circled in black seems to be the interlock button that cuts off the power to the motherboard if it is not being pressed down!
    However I think the most likely is there is a problem on the battery or motherboard! You can also test with another similar power adapter and check if the notebook turns on!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• curiousaboundingpc
    The laptop is still under warranty so if there is a problem with the motherboard will it be replaced.
  • f the notebook is still under warranty, I recommend that you contact India Technical Support: 1-800-11-6677 

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• curiousaboundingpc
    Do I have to do anything with the interlock button and what do you mean by " If it is not being pressed down ".
  • Current notebooks have a locking button that when not pressed properly causes the motherboard to not turn on! However I find it more likely that there is a problem on the battery!
    I recommend that you take the notebook to your country's acer service center, so they can change the battery if they are in trouble!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• curiousaboundingpc
    Is the laptop battery covered under warranty as In my acer warranty certificate it is mentioned that the battery is not covered.
  • I would try to verify this information with technical support, as all notebooks have a one-year warranty for hardware problems! I consider this problem, a hardware problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer