HDD Not showing in This PC after Accidentally Creating Intel Rapid Storage Technology, Please Help

Answers

• mihirganeshjoshi
    mihirganeshjoshi Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    The mirroring issue I already knew, because this notebook has raid 0! However I'm interested to know what your solution was! In this case would you just disconnect ssd to break the array and force the hd to be seen? Or did you use another solution?
    Nope it won't work. A Non technical Solution i read was that you will have to format both your SSD & HDD for removing everything...
    Wait for few minutes, I'm posting the solution Right Now...in just about few minutes...
  • mihirganeshjoshi
    Before Proceeding with the below Procedure, make sure you download the images(IMAGE 1 & 2 : Before the Procedure>> Marked in RED & IMAGE 3 : After Effect of the Procedure) attached below and see to it that your "Intel Rapid Storage Technology UI" shows the same as that shown in the Image.
    I have attached the Procedure File as Well...

For getting Image 1 View in your system>>Go In the "Intel Rapid Storage Technology UI" Click on your HDD of 1/2 GB(Blue Selected) and then Check the RED Marked, then
    For getting Image 2 View in your system>>Go In the "Intel Rapid Storage Technology UI" Click on Joined Partition of SSD & HDD(Blue Selected) and the Check the RED Marked.

>>If anything different feel free to reply on the Post...(Don't Proceed by ignoring this, as i will not be responsible for any loss)

Issue Involved:
    User can create the RAID array via "Intel Rapid Storage Technology UI" on Windows but they can't delete RAID by "Intel Rapid Storage Technology UI" and RAID is the only option on BIOS (AHCI option is missing).

Before deleting the RAID array
    Always remember to do the windows recovery media before running the RAID tool to delete the array.
    With the help of the Acer Care Center (pre-installed on your system), you can create the windows recovery media on an USB stick, so you can reinstall it later.
    In the AcerCare Center, click Recovery Management -> Getting Started, and then follow the instructions.

You can also perform a backup of your actual windows installation, so using the windows recovery media, you can reload your OS at the time of the backup.
    Press Windows logo key and type "backup"
    click on "Backup and restore" and then follow on screen instructions.

Solution for the Same:

>>First of all, check the Volume name of your array on "Intel Rapid Storage Technology UI".
    Press windows logo key and type "intel"
    click on "Intel Rapid Storage Technology"
    click on "Yes" if prompted
    check on the right side, under "Storage System View", that "Volume_0000" or "OEMRAID0" is the name of the array.(CHECK IMAGE 1 for Reference)

>>if Type description is:
    RAID 1 or Recovery - no data will be lost
    RAID 0  - all your data will be lost - you will need to re-install Windows

>>Download the RAID tool

>>Right click the downloaded RAID_Tool.zip file  
    click on "Extract all"
    Click on "Browse..." 
    Click on "Computer"
    Click on "C:" (normally it's labeled "Acer (C: )
    Click on "Ok"
    Click on "Extract"

>>Now Locate that folder in C Drive and in that folder, Right Click on Delete.bat and Edit and there you will find the below mentioned Code:

@echo off

drvload iaAHCIC.inf
    drvload iaStorAC.inf

rstcli64.exe --manage --delete Volume_0000

echo Done!
    pause
    exit

>>Now Open your "Intel Rapid Storage Technology UI" and Check the Name of your RAID (Refer IMAGE 1 where it says Volume_0000). This name should match with the one mentioned in the code.
    If not then either change delete.bat file code of "rstcli64.exe --manage --delete Volume_0000" OR Change your RAID Name from "Intel Rapid Storage Technology UI">> Rename RAID.
    Once this done.

>>Now click on the Windows logo at the bottom left of your screen
    Click on the Power icon
    Press Shift key and click on "Restart"
    On the next screen click on "Troubleshooting"
    On the next screen click on "Advanced settings"
    On the next screen click on "Command Prompt"
    Select your account and type your password (if any)

>>At Command prompt 
    type C:
    type CD Raid_tool
    type delete

Once successfully deleted, press Enter and then reboot your PC.
    The RAID array will be deleted.(Check IMAGE 2 for your Reference)

>>Then for Disk Management your can recreate your Disk.

This solution is based on IronFly's Solution with slight modification to his file.
    I'm not copying anybody's work and giving full respect and due credit to whom so ever it may concern.

This is a Technical Solution as worked out and I'm not an Acer Employee...

Do let me know any issues...

• I'm glad you solved the problem! In case of this model, does it use raid 0 or 1? Can I copy your answer to help other users?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mihirganeshjoshi
    I'm glad you solved the problem! In case of this model, does it use raid 0 or 1? Can I copy your answer to help other users?
    As mentioned earlier, it has solved my Problem on my Acer Predator 15. It would be better if you can the users having same issue to this thread... You can avoid Duplication of threads...
    I don’t know whichever RAID it uses because I don’t have that knowledge. The Manufacturer would be  the right person to tell. However, I feel it uses RAID0 and the Intel Rapid Storage Technology makes a RAID 1 (Recovery Partition)...
  • Ashutosh2748
    Ashutosh2748 Member Posts: 1 New User
    @mihirganeshjoshi I did exactly the same steps u have mentioned but got this. What should i do now? My model is PH 315-15.
  • mihirganeshjoshi
    @mihirganeshjoshi I did exactly the same steps u have mentioned but got this. What should i do now? My model is PH 315-15.
    Downgrade your Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers to 15.2 version there are 2 version for 15.2 download the lower one of them and then try..
  • BarnnyRubble
    BarnnyRubble Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi, tried downloading the deletion tool but it doesn't work with version 16 of the Intel RST software.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  • mihirganeshjoshi
    Hi, tried downloading the deletion tool but it doesn't work with version 16 of the Intel RST software.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    As Quoted Earlier downgrade the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software to version 15.2
  • Kagzz99
    Kagzz99 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Before Proceeding with the below Procedure, make sure you download the images(IMAGE 1 & 2 : Before the Procedure>> Marked in RED & IMAGE 3 : After Effect of the Procedure) attached below and see to it that your "Intel Rapid Storage Technology UI" shows the same as that shown in the Image.

For getting Image 1 View in your system>>Go In the "Intel Rapid Storage Technology UI" Click on your HDD of 1/2 GB(Blue Selected) and then Check the RED Marked, then
    For getting Image 2 View in your system>>Go In the "Intel Rapid Storage Technology UI" Click on Joined Partition of SSD & HDD(Blue Selected) and the Check the RED Marked.

>>If anything different feel free to reply on the Post...(Don't Proceed by ignoring this, as i will not be responsible for any loss)

Issue Involved:
    User can create the RAID array via "Intel Rapid Storage Technology UI" on Windows but they can't delete RAID by "Intel Rapid Storage Technology UI" and RAID is the only option on BIOS (AHCI option is missing).

Always remember to do the windows recovery media before running the RAID tool to delete the array.
    With the help of the Acer Care Center (pre-installed on your system), you can create the windows recovery media on an USB stick, so you can reinstall it later.
    In the AcerCare Center, click Recovery Management -> Getting Started, and then follow the instructions.

You can also perform a backup of your actual windows installation, so using the windows recovery media, you can reload your OS at the time of the backup.

Solution for the Same:

>>First of all, check the Volume name of your array on "Intel Rapid Storage Technology UI".
    check on the right side, under "Storage System View", that "Volume_0000" or "OEMRAID0" is the name of the array.(CHECK IMAGE 1 for Reference)

>>Download the RAID tool

click on "Extract all"
    Click on "Browse..." 
    Click on "Computer"
    Click on "Ok"
    Click on "Extract"

>>Now Locate that folder in C Drive and in that folder, Right Click on Delete.bat and Edit and there you will find the below mentioned Code:

@echo off

drvload iaAHCIC.inf
    drvload iaStorAC.inf

echo Done!
    pause
    exit

>>Now Open your "Intel Rapid Storage Technology UI" and Check the Name of your RAID (Refer IMAGE 1 where it says Volume_0000). This name should match with the one mentioned in the code.
    If not then either change delete.bat file code of "rstcli64.exe --manage --delete Volume_0000" OR Change your RAID Name from "Intel Rapid Storage Technology UI">> Rename RAID.
    Once this done.

Click on the Power icon

>>At Command prompt 
    type C:
    type CD Raid_tool
    type delete

This solution is based on IronFly's Solution with slight modification to his file.
    I'm not copying anybody's work and giving full respect and due credit to whom so ever it may concern.

>>At Command prompt 
    type C:
    type CD Raid_tool
    type delete 
    When i enter type c it says access denied 
  • Kagzz99
    Kagzz99 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Downgrade your Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers to 15.2 version there are 2 version for 15.2 download the lower one of them and then try..
    I am having same problem 
  • mihirganeshjoshi
    Kagzz99 said:

Issue Involved:

Solution for the Same:

>>Download the RAID tool

click on "Extract all"
    Click on "Browse..." 
    Click on "Computer"
    Click on "Ok"
    Click on "Extract"

@echo off

drvload iaAHCIC.inf
    drvload iaStorAC.inf

echo Done!
    pause
    exit

Once this done.

Click on the Power icon

>>At Command prompt 
    type C:
    type CD Raid_tool
    type delete

>>At Command prompt 
    type C:
    type CD Raid_tool
    type delete 
    When i enter type c it says access denied 
    Post a pic as reply so that I can try to figure out a solution 
  • mihirganeshjoshi
    Good afternoon everyone...
    To those who are facing issue with Intel Rapid Storage version issue kindly download from below link version 15 IRST...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-

Try a lower version of 15.0 and then gradually update the version
  • Unknown0x0
    Unknown0x0 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Someone please help me, I'm so tired searching for answers and having it not work. The driver stays at 16.8 no matter how many times I either reinstall, uninstall or whatever.
  • Emmanuel91
    Emmanuel91 Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited February 2019
    egydiocoelho dijo:

Hola si es mi caso puedo formatear mi disco duro para Borrar, el Volumen en RST, entonces puedo sacar los disco duro y formatear el HDD y el SSD para eliminar el 
    Raid 1?

Hi, if it is my case, can I format my hard drive to Delete, the Volume in RST, then I can remove the hard disk and format the HDD and SSD to eliminate the Raid 1?

Translated from Spanish to English
    Edited by [Acer-Harvey]
  • ADatu
    ADatu Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Hi,

Can I also use the Raid tool here for Nitro AN515-52?

• The an515-52 model has the active raid function in bios! You can use yes the raid tool, but I do not recommend that you tweak IRST so you do not risk turning the hd to volume!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ADatu
    What is the proper way to do it? 

Tried setting AHCI in Safe mode = HDD does not appear on disk part
    Tried setting AHCI not in Safe mode = HDD does not appear on disk part
    It also made my laptop not push to shutdown. 

Tried setting it to RST with Optane in Safemode  = HDD does not appear on disk part
    Tried setting it to RST with Optane not in Safemode  = HDD does not appear on disk part

Also tried to boot to windows recovery and choose command prompt under Troubleshot/Advanced options

The HDD only appears when I click the Access recovery disk files option on Manage page of Intel Rapid Storage Technology

• I was following your topic with colleague ironfly! I think the bios of this laptop does not trigger the command ctrl + i! I suggest you unplug the ssd and make sure you can install windows on hd! this will cause the array to be broken! Or you could try formatting the hd on another computer, as colleague ironfly suggested!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ADatu
    I was following your topic with colleague ironfly! I think the bios of this laptop does not trigger the command ctrl + i! I suggest you unplug the ssd and make sure you can install windows on hd! this will cause the array to be broken! Or you could try formatting the hd on another computer, as colleague ironfly suggested!
    Will do that.

Will update this thread instead.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/563190/nitro-an515-52-how-to-safely-remove-my-hdd-as-a-recovery-disk/p1?new=1
  • Carlos0861
    Carlos0861 Member Posts: 17

Tinkerer

edited December 2019
    how do i install version 15.2
    No matter how many times I install version 15.2 it doesn't stay
    need help