Battery life of Acer Aspire 3 A315-41G-R5U3

Etetzki
Etetzki Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
guys i just recentlt bought an acer aspire a315 2 days ago. Im playing a game assasins creed and battery life only last for 1hour 30 minutes max from full charge. Is this normal ? Or should i go back to the point of sale for repair.. as per desription maximum of 6 hours

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited October 2018 Answer ✓
    Etetzki 
    Yes, it should be higher, as per specific details Maximum Battery Run Time is 6 Hour. I see that there is a new BIOS update V1.09 released for this model.
    Please check if you have the updated version. Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7600?b=1

Try the steps recommended below.
    Open Power Options on Windows 10. Click Change plan settings for any of the power plans. I would suggest you choose the power saver plan.
    Now click Change advanced power settings. Under the Advanced Settings tab, scroll down to find Processor power management.
    Now, expand (click on +) Processor power management. Expand Maximum processor state.
    Click the On-battery option and reduce the processor state to 20%. You can choose any other value.
    Click Ok. The settings are saved, you can close the Power Options window.

Enable Adaptive Brightness
    Go to Power Options select change advanced power settings
    Go to the Change advanced power settings. Expand Display> expand Enable Adaptive Brightness. Now, turn on Adaptive Brightness for On-battery and Plugged in options (whichever you like. Click Ok to save the settings.

With Windows 10, there are additional power and display settings from the Settings button on the Windows 10 start screen. Tap the Home button, tap the Settings button on the left edge, and then tap System. From the left menu, tap Display and you'll find a slider for Adjust brightness level. Also, check for  Battery Saver from the left menu. Tap the toggle switch to turn on Battery saver. If the toggle switch is grayed out, unplug your laptop so it's running on battery power and the toggle switch will become active. Battery saver is a new feature with Windows 10 that limits background activity and push notifications to extend battery life.

Lastly, tap Power & sleep from the left menu and select times for Windows 10 to turn the screen off and put your PC in sleep mode to avoid needlessly draining your battery while your laptop sits idle.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Etetzki 
    Yes, this should be normal while gaming. It is recommended to play games when charging. Games usually put more load on the CPU and the GPU, thereby increasing the power consumption. A laptop battery would not last long in this scenario, giving you only one to two hours of play time. But when charging, or plugged in, the power is consumed from the electrical outlet and you can play indefinitely.
    All the laptops have an in-built mechanism that switches to AC power when battery gets fully charged, and only trickle charges the battery. 

• Etetzki
    thanks buddy, how about surfing only how many hours would i expect for the battery life?
  • Etetzki

ive used it for browsing only with battery saver mode on not using speaker only headset watching youtube, it only last for 3 hours. is this normall? as per desription it will last for 6 hours max
  • Sharanji
    edited October 2018 Answer ✓
    Etetzki 
    Yes, it should be higher, as per specific details Maximum Battery Run Time is 6 Hour. I see that there is a new BIOS update V1.09 released for this model.
    Please check if you have the updated version. Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7600?b=1

Try the steps recommended below.
    Open Power Options on Windows 10. Click Change plan settings for any of the power plans. I would suggest you choose the power saver plan.
    Now click Change advanced power settings. Under the Advanced Settings tab, scroll down to find Processor power management.
    Now, expand (click on +) Processor power management. Expand Maximum processor state.
    Click the On-battery option and reduce the processor state to 20%. You can choose any other value.
    Click Ok. The settings are saved, you can close the Power Options window.

Enable Adaptive Brightness
    Go to Power Options select change advanced power settings
    Go to the Change advanced power settings. Expand Display> expand Enable Adaptive Brightness. Now, turn on Adaptive Brightness for On-battery and Plugged in options (whichever you like. Click Ok to save the settings.

With Windows 10, there are additional power and display settings from the Settings button on the Windows 10 start screen. Tap the Home button, tap the Settings button on the left edge, and then tap System. From the left menu, tap Display and you'll find a slider for Adjust brightness level. Also, check for  Battery Saver from the left menu. Tap the toggle switch to turn on Battery saver. If the toggle switch is grayed out, unplug your laptop so it's running on battery power and the toggle switch will become active. Battery saver is a new feature with Windows 10 that limits background activity and push notifications to extend battery life.

Lastly, tap Power & sleep from the left menu and select times for Windows 10 to turn the screen off and put your PC in sleep mode to avoid needlessly draining your battery while your laptop sits idle.

• DAWAMO
    DAWAMO Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just bought an Acer Swift 3...how long should the battery last in sleep mode?
  • TummyL
    TummyL Member Posts: 1 New User
    hi! just want to ask how to check the battery health of my A315?