E5-571G BIOS Recovery

Ahmethussein
Ahmethussein Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello there I am an acer E5 571G user. Bios froze during the update and didn't go for hours. Then the computer did not turn on when I turned it off and on. I downloaded the bios driver from the page where the drivers were. I have formatted the usb disk as fat32. I held esc + fn while the computer was on. but somehow I couldn't install the bios?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    What problem were you having before that you felt a BIOS update would fix? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Which version did you try to upgrade to?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ahmethussein

Tinkerer

the windows system did not appear in the booty harddisk bios boot environment. How to recover the bios? with which files I tried updating with the bios file here

I tried to get up with the 1.09 bios exe file on acer site
  • JackE
    Please answer. What problem were you having before that you felt a BIOS update would fix? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Ahmethussein

Tinkerer

my problem;
    Harddiskin did not appear in bios, microsoft windows appeared
  • Ahmethussein

Tinkerer

my problem;
    The HDD does not appear in bios, but can be used in windows disk manager.

My computer screen is now on and off continuously.
    What files should I use for the BIOS recovery?
    Which file name do I need to change?
    Is there a manual to solve this problem?
  • You have verified that the problem remains with an external monitor?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    @Ahmethussein >>>The HDD does not appear in bios, but can be used in windows disk manager.>>>
        Do you mean Windows BOOT Manager? Windows DISK Management won't be available if HDD disappears in BIOS unless you have more than one HDD or SSD. 

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• This explanation is strange because what happens is usually the reverse! However if it is some caddy adapter, then yes the hd would not be recognized in bios, but would be recognized in windows! Do you use two hd's? Do you better explain what is happening?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ahmethussein

Tinkerer

Yeah, that was a caddy adapter.
    This problem is no longer important.

How to make BIOS recovery?
    The fact that the Acer brand is not an official guide is terrible.
    Acer branded driver ruined my computer.
  • Ahmethussein

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    @Ahmethussein >>>The HDD does not appear in bios, but can be used in windows disk manager.>>>
        Do you mean Windows BOOT Manager? Windows DISK Management won't be available if HDD disappears in BIOS unless you have more than one HDD or SSD. 

Jack E/NJ

A HDD and an SSD are available.
    Both are accessible from microsoft windows 10> disk management.
    however, the SSD device with "caddy" inserted does not appear in the boot manager.
  • OK my friend! I also have an hd with a caddy adapter and the hd also does not appear on the bios! However there is nothing wrong with your computer! This is not a problem in bios! It is not detected in the information! However it may not be recognized at boot because it should be configured for gpt, if it is in uefi mode or in mbr if the bios is in legacy mode!
    See this here at the command prompt and enter the commands diskpart, list disk! You should have an asterisk in hd in gpt:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Did you say the computer does not turn on but have access to windows? Could you explain what's happening with the e5-571g? Are you able to access the bios and enter windows or not?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ahmethussein

Tinkerer

Man, my computer won't turn on.
    I have run the bios setup file named Z5WAH109.exe which Acer has released.
    Frozen while updating Bios. you have to tell me how to save this.
  • JackE
    @Ahmethussein   A failed BIOS flash from an executable is rarely fixed by suggestions on the user forums via the crisis usb FN+ESC startup method. That's why firmware updates should be avoided unless they specifically address a problem you are having with the machine. Unfortunately, a bricked machine due to this failure is usually best handled by ACER repair service if removing the CMOS battery and shorting its mainboard terminals doesn't work to re-set BIOS defaults. Jack E/NJ     

Jack E/NJ

• Ahmethussein

Tinkerer

*****, I'm not buying Acer anymore!