How's the experience of Editing in Helios 300 (specially Adobe After Effects and premier pro)?

ankkol2011
ankkol2011 Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I wanna basically know how's the rendering speed of 1080p video editing in Helios 300 (gtx 1050Ti) model.
I am thinking for buying it for editing and little gaming purpose.

Best Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    if you want do to editing, i would recommend the i7 model over the i5. 1050Ti should be able to handle all the rendering quite fine, though you might want to consider the 1060 model for a significant performance boost in terms of both graphics processing and memory.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    The i7 7700HQ is decent at editing.

Of course the latest 8th gens work much better, or going the desktop route would be ideal.

I have the i7-8750H and have no issues in Media Composer, Shotcut or Adobe.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Agree with @sri369
    At 8gb of ram you could do well to add another 8gb. 16gb should be plenty for years to come.

Also, having a cooling pad is always beneficial and I would recommend grabbing a phone charger plug and use it to run the cooling pad instead of connecting it to your laptop. The resulting power draw to run the cooling pad from your laptop will increase temps more and make the pad kind of redundant. If you set a seperate power supply for the pad it can help up to 5-7 C in temperatures.

- Hotel Hero

Answers