Intel(R) Trusted Execution Engine Interface; and flashing black screen.

TalismanSkulls
TalismanSkulls Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
Problems before and after Forced Windows 10 Update:

Missing Intel(R) Trusted Execution Engine Interface

Windows Defender shows a missing Driver:

I tried using the Intel(R) Driver and Support Assistant 3.4.1 and found a list of updates it said was needed for this computer which is an Aspire z3-600. However, when running this after detecting needed drivers it gives an error message that this is not supported by this computer.

I am not finding anything as to a TXE file for manual download to resolve this missing Intel(R) Trusted Execution Engine Interface driver either.

Flashing black screen when playing videos on various browsers

Windows Defender cannot seem to let this one go and when I have used I.E. and Edge screens flash black when trying to play videos since its forced update from 8.1. I tried using a different browser such as Chrome and even tried Safari from Apple with no resolution.

After that I went with Firefox and had to manually edit it some to allow less impact on the graphics driver so I do not get flashing screen from black put before it reboots the screen (not the system).

The problem still  persists using anything else from Windows.

Tried to do a BIOS Updates:

I also tried to wipe out the entire OS and clean installed Windows 10 since I could no longer roll back to 8.1 after doing a bios update. I did not find anything here that fixes these problems and would appreciate if the technicians here would actually find a solution and make these available for all of us who have purchased these computers.

Conclusions:

I appreciate a rapid reply from Acer techs that address these issues and have provided fixes for them.

I also hope that those having blackening out screens appreciate the suggestion to go with Firefox and can make a few minor edits to help them actually watch and play videos on their systems as I even went as far as creating my own browser just to test the problem sources which are in fact largely graphic driver based and have not seen anything from Acer to help computer owners fix these problems when this forced upgrade occurred.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    TalismanSkulls 

Please try to reinstall Intel Trusted Execution Engine Interface driver and check if it will fix this issue. To reinstall a driver, kindly follow these steps:
    Open Device Managerby searching device manager on the search box.
    Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device.
    Select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Lets us know how things goes with your issue.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • TalismanSkulls
    TalismanSkulls Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited August 2018
    None of the reply was useful. It took me a very long time to locate this. https://www.acer-us.com/5109_3_Aspire Z3-600/###

• NVSteve
    NVSteve Member Posts: 21 Networker

I've had this problem since installing Windows 10. Security center keeps giving me error message: intel trusted execution engine interface has a drive problem... But when I try to reinstall driver, it says "No new driver available." 
  • Have you checked if there is a bios update that solves this problem and what is the model of your notebook?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • NVSteve
    NVSteve Member Posts: 21 Networker
    Model is Aspire E 15, E5-511-P0GC.  Acer Care app says bios is up to date. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    Make sure upgrading your notebook drivers with driverbooster solves the problem or you can revert to the acer txe driver as it is optimized for your notebook!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)