Nitro AN515-42 new laptop lag

nursegete
nursegete Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Just brought Acer Nitro AN515-42 few days ago, i having bad lag whenever i started the laptop, everything is slow even open google chrome is slow, but this lag problem is fixed whenever i restarted the laptop. So whenever i shutdown my Laptop and start it back, i will have this lag and shuttering even when surfing google chrome. Any1 having this kind of problem? but problem is fixed when i restarted, is vry annoying for me, every time have to start my laptop, and restarting it for a smooth experience.

AMD Ryzen 5 2500U
4gb ram
RX560X

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    You could try disabling Fast Startup, go to Power Options, click Choose what the power buttons do in the left pane, click Change settings that are currently unavailable, then untick Fast startup and see whether it fixes the problem.

• CaptainEmerald
    CaptainEmerald Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Hi,
    You could try disabling Fast Startup, go to Power Options, click Choose what the power buttons do in the left pane, click Change settings that are currently unavailable, then untick Fast startup and see whether it fixes the problem.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion, I had a similar problem with the same model. But in this case the processor was locked at 0,38Ghz. When I restarted the PC without Fast Startup the CPU was no longer locked at 0,38Ghz. But I just found out that it is now locked at 1.58GHz instead of 0,38Ghz. Is there anyway to fix this?
  • brummyfan2
    Hi,

Hey, thanks for the suggestion, I had a similar problem with the same model. But in this case the processor was locked at 0,38Ghz. When I restarted the PC without Fast Startup the CPU was no longer locked at 0,38Ghz. But I just found out that it is now locked at 1.58GHz instead of 0,38Ghz. Is there anyway to fix this?
    Hi,
    Go to Power Options, check whether you are using Balanced plan, if so switch to High Performance plan, if that's not available, create a power plan by clicking "Create a power plan".

• nursegete
    Hi thanks for the reply, have tried it, problem still not fix   :'(
  • nursegete
    Hi,

Hi, ya after you mention about the locked cpu, i have the same problem. mine also locked at 0.38ghz
  • CaptainEmerald

Tinkerer

nursegete said:
    Hi,

Hi, ya after you mention about the locked cpu, i have the same problem. mine also locked at 0.38ghz
    This is a known problem with Ryzen CPU's, this seems to happen when you put the PC in sleep mode or Acer's sleep. It looks like you have to turn it off with Windows' turning off options and not Acer's turning off options. It seems like this problem can be fixed worth either a CPU driver or a firmware update.
  • CaptainEmerald

Tinkerer

Other Ryzen CPU's also lock their speeds, but in different speeds for every different model of Ryzen CPU's. Some lock at 2.2 and other locks at even at 1ghz. Our processor unfortunately locks at 0.38Ghz.
  • CaptainEmerald

Tinkerer

Hi,

This problem seems to only appear when you put the Laptop on Sleep mode or in Hibernation. And keep in mind, I first started to experience this problem when I updated to Windows April Update. 
  • Jimster480
    Jimster480 Member Posts: 93 Fixer WiFi Icon
    I haven't experienced these issues, maybe its because I haven't used the sleep setup for Acer yet.
  • Mvginda
    Mvginda Member Posts: 1 New User
    Does anyone have a fix for this? Have the same issue. Disabling fast startup does not help here :( should I just return the laptop? 
  • Red_Sun
    Red_Sun Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    There is a BIOS update for this model, which I have performed. Worth a shot IMO. However, unsure if it permanently fixed this issue, as the above fix regarding the fast startup seemed to take care of it on my unit.

Question: why do you have 4gb of RAM? This model should come with 8?
  • CinekR9
    CinekR9 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi

Same issue here, AN515-42 bought a few days ago - unfortunately nothing but problems so far... After struggling to get working  Radeon software (ok now, with drivers directly from Acer), getting more RAM I finally started playing some games - only to realize that as well after waking up from sleep mode the CPU sits at exact 0.38 Ghz making life... hard.

I played a bit with power plans, only to realize that I cannot even save the one I want - it is being switched from Balanced to High Power after reset/sleep, seemingly no matter what I choose. I have also set UEFI settings to default, no result so far.

Anyone with 100% working solution? Should I try UEFI update from Acer site - altough it has date about June 2018? (laptop was bought mid September)....

• What version of windows 10 is installed on your notebook? 1803 or 1809? I would try before doing something, disable fast start up and restart the notebook! Make sure this solves the problem!

It is very likely that it is a driver or a windows 10 problem and it will hardly be a hardware problem!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jimster480
    You just need to update the BIOS to the newest version and the problem is fixed.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • CinekR9
    CinekR9 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Ok,gotta admit that I was a bit sceptical - but it just worked, with 1.08 Bios for now everything is working like a charm (finally!) Thanks!
  • tataylorus
    tataylorus Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yes, it is being switched from Balanced to High Power after reset/sleep, seemingly no matter what I choose.

--------------------------------------
    Window Cleaners Spokane

• brummyfan2
    Yes, it is being switched from Balanced to High Power after reset/sleep, seemingly no matter what I choose.

--------------------------------------
    Window Cleaners Spokane

Then try the BIOS update as suggested by @egydiocoelho , make sure that you know how to update BIOS because if you don't take precautions and use the wrong BIOS version it may brick your laptop and make it unusable.
  • DanRItchie
    DanRItchie Member Posts: 8 New User
    Same here.  All the above symptoms.  clocking at .38 ghz.  Power plan changes to high performance no matter what I select.
  • Jimster480
    Did you update the bios?
    There was a bios update to fix this specific problem..