Z35P 100hz / 120hz Windows 10 GTX 970m

Hilfyl
Hilfyl Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
Hello,
I don't know if its my graphic card or the monitor but i can't have a signal if i force windows/Nvidia config pannel to define 100hz or 120hz. It works perfect with 60hz... :anguished:

I tested : 
- 2 differents computers (with i7 + nvidia gtx 970m and i5 + nvidia quadro 3000m)
- 2 differents DisplayPort cable (origin cable DP for quadro 3000m and "DP to mini DP" for the 970m)
- my drivers are up to date
Sometimes i can select "100hz" (and i have no signal to the monitor) sometimes i have 60hz max..

Do i have to return my Z35p ? Is there a limited resolution to define the 970m to 3444x1444 and 100hz ?
Many thanks !

Answers

• LennNL
    LennNL Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi @Hilfyl
    I just bought the Z35p and connected it to my windows 10 pc with a gtx 1080 connected by DP and when i raised the refresh rate to 120 hz in nvidia config manager it started to get nuts, blinking on and off, is this like your problem or is it that you get only black screen with a no signal message or something? I am trying to find somebody that has had the similar problem and knows a solution.
  • LennNL
    LennNL Member Posts: 2 New User
    oke... for me.. i think it had something to do with my nvidia driver. honestly i have no clue. the problem i discribed was with a dp 1.4 cable of club3d that supports hbr3 and 8k. After i updated my nvidia driver i did not test if 120hz worked on this cable or if i would get the same issue. i did change to the 1.2 dp cable delivered with the monitor and i did not have any issue on 120hz. So i then switched back to the dp 1.4 cable and yay no issue on that cable as well!! so i have no clue what caused the problem i described before... i am just glad it is fixed!