You spotted my coffee mug eh?? :D
    - Hotel Hero
  • Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,335 Community Administrator
    Red-Sand said:
    Acer-Jose said:

I know that face...

You spotted my coffee mug eh?? :D
    I did!  I had one but it had a close encounter with the floor.  The floor won.
  • PredatorHelios500
    PredatorHelios500 Member Posts: 74 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I see you have the a Cestus mouse (300? 500?). How do you like it compared to your Logi? Is that the 903? I have the Razer Mamba Elite for about a month. I'm still on the fence about it.
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited October 2018
    I see you have the a Cestus mouse (300? 500?). How do you like it compared to your Logi? Is that the 903? I have the Razer Mamba Elite for about a month. I'm still on the fence about it.
    Good eye! The one shown in that picture is the 300, but I also own the 500.
    The 500 is much more comfortable because of the "wings" on the side hold my pinky, whereas the 300 my pinky drags on the desk so I basically just use that one as a travel mouse.

Overall they are quite nice (The 300 is rather light and doesn't have a braided cord), and the "Quarter Master" software has a sort of "cheat mode" for FPS where it smoothes horizontal dragging of the mouse to be straight. The 500 is beastly tho imo.

The Logitech is the G403 wired and has been tried and true for about a year and a half now. Solid mouse.
    - Hotel Hero
  • PredatorHelios500
    edited October 2018
    I had to look really closely and MAYBE this is far-fetched /s but you seem to be into audio stuff. I see you have a good mic and probably very good headphones yet you still have a gaming headset (cloud alpha or something). How does the gaming experience compare when using good separate mic/phones vs the gaming headset?
  • Red-Sand
    Ah well that would depend on what I need the headphone/set for.

If im just gaming for fun I can use a headset and my needs are met.

The microphone is for when im recording a track or a video and would like to isolate the mic stand from the microphone itself as in professional recording environments the small metallic vibrations are registered and can make fine tuning a track a pain when adjusting certain frequencies.
    For example if i want a bit more higher tone for a harmonic vocal point in a song, the vibrations recorded from the mic stand will also increase in volume when I make adjustments.

Also the more quality microphone gives more frequency to play with if I were to make a video for YouTube for example, which can be useful if you want to adjust the frequency of your voice slightly to maintain your voice's tone but sound more separate from an audio source playing in the background.

Each mic/headphone/headset had it's own purpose. Some headphones I merely use when editing because the sound they produce is closest to actual sounds when played back on a stereo. If your headphones give off more bass for example than normal, after mixing a track you may find the sound more "whiney" due to not hearing it correctly the first time.

(That's the short answer lol)
    - Hotel Hero
  • PredatorHelios500
    Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about getting a gaming headset and was looking at the HyperX line too but was also considering just getting better phones and mic. I think I will just start with the gaming headset. It's quick and easy and I don't have to worry about software to mix for the virtual 7.1 and stuff because it's already there.

Thanks
  • Red-Sand
    Yeah I have the Hyper Cloud X II and everyone compliments how good I sound.

Very good choice.
    - Hotel Hero
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    The "envy" setup :-) I like your arrangement, very useful esp for extended working/gaming times :-)
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • iionas
    iionas Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

As always dude.. Sexy setup.

Love it..

• Timo3008750
    Timo3008750 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Hi guys! Whats the FB channel of this community? I have got some performance questions about helios 300 ph317-52 i7-8750H 144Hz 1060 GTX..
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 686 Moderator

Hi rachelgomez,

Thank you for joining our Acer Community.

It looks like you have posted a comment in one of the older topics. This may not get attention of the user. We request you to create a new topic with detailed issue and model number.

Regards,

Acer-Samuel