LOW FPS - Ntb - Acer Nitro 5 - Radeon RX 560X Series, AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx

Logocooldjcz
Logocooldjcz Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello guys
I have a big problem with my new laptop Acer Nitro 5. That problem is I have  low fps at "notnew" games like Skyrim. This game is going on MAX 30 fps on LOW setting. I dont know why it is happens, that is why iam writing here. Very suspicious thing is in TASK MANAGER. TM is saying the GPU is wokring on 100% but numbers like GPU memory are on zeros.. Do my dedicated GPU something?
Thank you for your time. I need your help.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Check that your power plan is set for high or maximum performance in Control Panel. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Herman_Sol
    Herman_Sol Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    edited October 2018
    You could try opening Radeon Settings > System > Switchable Graphics, there you should see a grid of programs (recent ones or recently opened), if you recently opened skyrim it should show up in there skyrim.exe or something similar, if you find the executable of the game click on it and change its option to high performance to ensure the dedicated graphics card is being used for that game, restart the game and check if you got an improvement. Some games don't trigger high performance graphics sometimes, so if you have odd graphics performance check that you game isn't running in power save mode (aka using the Vega 8 integrated graphics).

Also as a fellow user of the same model, have you happened to notice problems with audio on this laptop? Like pops, crackle, small stutters while listening audio? I don't know if it is my laptop, all laptops, drivers, or windows. 

Hope this helped. 
  • anoxssj
    anoxssj Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

I have got the same laptop and I can't run FIFA 19 smoothly on low settings at 1080p.I am running it on high performance (selected in the switchable graphics tab).
    Are you guys also having similar performance or I am missing something?
    Any help will be appreciated.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    @anoxssj >>>high performance>>>selected in the switchable graphics tab>>>

What's Control Panel's power plan showing? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Cragi_77
    Cragi_77 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Like I said a couple a posts above, you have to use DDU program to clear the gpu drivers from your machine. Then download and install these VGA drivers: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7605?b=1 . First vga driver, then app which is Radeon settings. After that go to Device manager -> Display adapters -> Radeon 560X and do right click on it. -> update driver. Your problems are solved

Don't forget to set the machine on high powe rplan
  • MynaMisJeff
    MynaMisJeff Member Posts: 1 New User
    anoxssj said:
    I have got the same laptop and I can't run FIFA 19 smoothly on low settings at 1080p.I am running it on high performance (selected in the switchable graphics tab).
    Are you guys also having similar performance or I am missing something?
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Put everything on max or ultra instead of low.works like a charm.when you put it on low it ribs on your internal. Put it on ultra and 1080p
  • Redfan
    Redfan Member Posts: 65 Devotee WiFi Icon
    easy fix:
    search: "power plan"
    select on edit power plan
    select advanced options
    select switchable dynamic graphichs
    change to maximize performance. that FORCES the RX560X to work on even youtube and Netflix, 
    you should be able to hit 50-60 FPS on high settings and then its 35-25fps on ultra or something like that, if the nitro 5 had freesync then it would be playable on ultra. technically you can play on ultra but I don't like how the screen chops when moving it really fast to stress the fps.

im playing the 2016 Skyrim version on high settings and it does not dip under 60fps.
  • Ayonhi5
    Ayonhi5 Member Posts: 37 Troubleshooter
    place your hand on the back of the laptop near the vents and check is ample amount of air is blown out when nitro sense is at max .if not , then there is a high possibility that the vents are jammed . the nitro 5 model seems to have this big dis advantage f clogging air vents unfortunately.
  • Zephyr5
    Zephyr5 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Redfan said:
    easy fix:
    search: "power plan"
    select on edit power plan
    select advanced options
    select switchable dynamic graphichs
    change to maximize performance. that FORCES the RX560X to work on even youtube and Netflix, 
    you should be able to hit 50-60 FPS on high settings and then its 35-25fps on ultra or something like that, if the nitro 5 had freesync then it would be playable on ultra. technically you can play on ultra but I don't like how the screen chops when moving it really fast to stress the fps.

im playing the 2016 Skyrim version on high settings and it does not dip under 60fps.
    This worked! Thank you!