Aspire A515-51G bios update 1.21 breaks virtualisation in Virtualbox

reneH
reneH Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I seems dat bios V 1.21 broke the virtualitation settings (VT-X) in A515-51G. If VT-X is set to ON in Bios, Intel Processor Identification Utility reports Intel virtualisation: No. After changing VT-X in Bios to OFF the Intel utility says: Intel Virtualisation: Yes. Because of this, Virtualbox does not support 64 bit-hosts. Hyper-V seems to work properly.
After downgrading to Bios 1.20, all is fine and I can use host-operating systems in Virtualbox in 64 bit mode.
Does anyone have the same problems with this update?

Answers

• reneH
    Correction: Bios 1.21 update breaks Virtualbox 64-bit GUEST-support (not Host)
  • I understood that you updated the bios and blocked the vt-x function! However it is important that every time the user updates the bios, click on load setup defaults so that any bug or misconfiguration that has been in the previous version can be fixed! Maybe you would not need to risk downgrading to the previous version!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • reneH
    I did load the setup defaults, but this had no effect.
  • The only solution was to downgrade?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    What problems were you having with v1.20 that you thought v1.21 would fix? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ