Acer Aspire Nitro 5 is giving me a black screen

Jinkies
Jinkies Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
So, I’ve been on google searching for every possible solution for this, but I haven’t found anything that works. About an hour ago, I was doing school work on my laptop. Everything was fine until google chrome froze. I had no choice, but to force shutdown. I let it sit for a bit to make some breakfast. I came back and tried to power it on, but it was only a black screen. The power indicator was blue and my keyboard backlight was on too, but I didn’t see the acer startup logo or anything. I tried the pinhole solution, but had no luck. I literally bought this laptop like 2-3 weeks ago and I really need to do my work. Please help. 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    What is the exact model of notebook? Example v3-571! To reset the battery properly, you must turn off the notebook and disconnect it from the power supply! Then you must press the pinhole button for five seconds and leave the notebook off for five minutes! Did you do it that way?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi @Jinkies

You could try a battery reset, switch off the laptop, disconnect all external devices 
    1. Unplug AC power adapter.
    2. Locate the battery reset pinhole on the bottom of the computer.
    3. Insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole. Hold the reset button for 4 seconds.
    4. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power.
    5. Connect the AC adapter and power on the system
    6. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press F2 for notebooks or Delete for desktops to enter UEFI. Press F9 and then Enter to load the default configuration. Press F10 and then Enter to save and exit.
    7. Try to login computer
    8. Sign in, press Windows key + X, click Device Manager, expand Display Adapter, right click the display driver then click Uninstall. Restart your computer to see if setup completes successfully 
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • DavidRocks
    DavidRocks Member Posts: 5 New User
    This happened to my Nitro 5 too (incase the model you're using is also the same as mine considering that tons of people had this happen to them). A quick BIOS update fixed it. You can try it out by googling "Acer download drivers & manuals", type in your serial number and follow the instructions and you should be fine. Although I wouldn't recomend doing this unless you've tried everything you could. Good luck :)
  • The bios update can solve, but to do this he has to inform the correct model!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jinkies

Tinkerer

What is the exact model of notebook? Example v3-571! To reset the battery properly, you must turn off the notebook and disconnect it from the power supply! Then you must press the pinhole button for five seconds and leave the notebook off for five minutes! Did you do it that way?
    I tried that, but it didn’t work. I stopped by BestBuy today and turns out I had a defective device. My motherboard blew, so I had to replace it. 
  • Jinkies

Tinkerer

This happened to my Nitro 5 too (incase the model you're using is also the same as mine considering that tons of people had this happen to them). A quick BIOS update fixed it. You can try it out by googling "Acer download drivers & manuals", type in your serial number and follow the instructions and you should be fine. Although I wouldn't recomend doing this unless you've tried everything you could. Good luck :)
    Thank you so much, but turns out I had a defective device. I had to replace it today at BestBuy since my motherboard blew. 
  • Glad you could solve the problem by warranty! :)

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Nikarebel
    Nikarebel Member Posts: 1 New User
    This just happened to my Nitro 5 Ryzen 5AN515-42  Screen blacked out keyboard lit.  Help! 
  • @NikarebelHave you tried resetting the notebook like this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfhgnxUJoZo

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jinkies

Tinkerer

Glad you could solve the problem by warranty! :)
    Haha me too!