Swift 1 SF113-31-P5CK Upgrade to SSD M.2 500GB

iWorden
iWorden Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi people.
I have a question if somebody upgraded Swift 1 model: SF113-31-P5CK to SATA III 6 Gb/s M.2 2280 Solid State Drive
Will it work properly.

Thank you all.

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    This model supports sim ssd m2 2280 sata 3!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    It supports ssd m2 2280 sata 3 of 128 or 256gb!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    This model supports sim ssd m2 2280 sata 3!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• iWorden
    iWorden Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks =) I was thinking to order 500 GB WD blue. But found out that max up 250 can be upgraded. So ordered Samsung EVO860 for 250 Gb
  • JDH
    JDH Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

My SF113-31-P5CK is on BIOS v1.05 and it's been running great with a 500Gb Crucial MX500 SATA III M.2 2280 drive for over a month now. Did fresh install of Win 10 to the SSD and wiped the original 64Gb EMMC. System is noticeably quicker running on the 500GB SSD.
  • Then you bought what is not shown in the service guide, ie, this model supports ssd m2 2280 sata 3 500gb!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JDH

Tinkerer

Then you bought what is not shown in the service guide, ie, this model supports ssd m2 2280 sata 3 500gb!
    Yes. I happened to have two 500Gb M.2 drives to try on my Swift 1 (one NVMe and one SATA 3). I suspect a 1TB drive would also work but don't have one to try. Maybe service guides were written when SSD's were expensive and 500GB wasn't so common as they are now.

• kindape
    kindape Member Posts: 1 New User
    Can you share how to do a fresh install of Win 10 to the ssd?
  • @kindapeSee this document:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JDH

Tinkerer

kindape said:
    Can you share how to do a fresh install of Win 10 to the ssd?
    There are a few different ways to do this.
    If you haven't yet created the recovery media from your swift 1, you'll need to do that first (burn it to a 16gb USB flash drive). 

a) If you still have the Acer Care Center app on your swift 1, you can do a fresh install through that app's recovery tab (can also use the app to create your recovery media
    b) Through Windows 10 settings menu (settings/update/recovery)
    c) Boot from your USB flash drive that has your recovery media and follow the prompts there to reinstall windows
  • MOCKBA
    MOCKBA Member Posts: 2 New User
     Any idea why Crucial MX500 250GB SATA (sku: CT250MX500SSD4) is not recognized by my SF113-31?

Is there any extra steps required aside from plugging SSD?

I was expecting the drive to show up in Computer Management or BIOS and it didn't. Any idea why?
  • MOCKBA
    MOCKBA Member Posts: 2 New User
    MOCKBA said:
     Any idea why Crucial MX500 250GB SATA (sku: CT250MX500SSD4) is not recognized by my SF113-31?

Is there any extra steps required aside from plugging SSD?

I was expecting the drive to show up in Computer Management or BIOS and it didn't. Any idea why?
    Please disregard. User error. :(

Crucial MX500 250GB SATA (sku: CT250MX500SSD4) works just fine. Plug and Play :)
  • Good thing it worked out my friend @MOCKBA!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Aintnobodygotthisone
    Aintnobodygotthisone Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited March 2019
    JDH said:
    My SF113-31-P5CK is on BIOS v1.05 and it's been running great with a 500Gb Crucial MX500 SATA III M.2 2280 drive for over a month now. Did fresh install of Win 10 to the SSD and wiped the original 64Gb EMMC. System is noticeably quicker running on the 500GB SSD.

How did you wipe the 64Gb EMMC?
  • Why do you want to delete emmc? Have you ever tried cloning to a ssd before deleting emmc?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• torito_verdejo
    torito_verdejo Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited May 2019
    Can anyone else confirm that its Acer Swift SF113-31 is working with a 500 or 512 Gb SSD? I don't understand why would be the capacity of a storage device a matter of hardware compatibility.
  • cyfex
    cyfex Member Posts: 2 New User

@egydiocoelho

Hi, may I know if this model supports NVME SSD apart from M.2 SATA?

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

There isn't a drive size limit, only the limits to the drive type. It supports a SATA drive in the M.2 slot but not an NVMe. You could put a 2TB or larger in there and it would work fine.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.