Acer nitro 5 spin Active pen problem and noisy audio

Zallin
Zallin Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
¹ I bought my NP515-51 as it was the best spec Windows Ink compatible laptop with a GTX10xx video card, But I have now tried multiple MPP pens and none of them have worked right the best I can describe it is that the pen stutters of the line looks like sloppy Morse code. If I start to remove the nib it gets better but never fixes the problem, even if it did then I would have the problem of trying to keep the nib almost all the way out with out it falling off. I have found a way to get it to work with an app called Sketchpad by holding down the right click button but that only works in one app I only used for testing and fixes nothing in any app I wanted a stylus for. 
Link to vid of me using my finger to show touch works then using the pen to show the problem.
https://youtu.be/mJIrWeH2JvU

² The speakers have noise that sounds like a HDD or a failing fan. Gets louder with CPU load, cant tell if its RFI from the fan or from the cpu/ram. Is this normal for this laptop? Any one found that a ribbion cable in the wrong place will do this? Bad stepdown reg filtering? this is not as big a problem for me just an annoyance made worst by the fact I cant use the function I bought the thing for.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hello! Could you check if there are any driver with problems in the device manager and hit a photo?
    With regard to audio, usually the problem is solved by uninstalling and deleting the current driver and leaving the default windows driver:

Here is just one example of how to delete the driver! Select the audio driver!
    After uninstalling and deleting the audio driver, restart your notebook and test it!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hello! Could you check if there are any driver with problems in the device manager and hit a photo?
    With regard to audio, usually the problem is solved by uninstalling and deleting the current driver and leaving the default windows driver:

Here is just one example of how to delete the driver! Select the audio driver!
    After uninstalling and deleting the audio driver, restart your notebook and test it!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Zallin

Tinkerer

no driver problems at all
  • First I would like to know if the audio problem has been solved! Did you uninstall and delete the audio driver as I told you in the step above?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Zallin

Tinkerer

I have not even tried its not that big a deal and only noticeable some times. The stylus is my concern the noise like the dead pixel is a once a week ehh kind of thing.
  • Zallin

Tinkerer

no change, installed the same driver and get same noise. But as I said the pen is my main concern.
  • Try to do a system restore to see if it solves the problem! To do this, press alt + f10 when turning on the notebook!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Zallin

Tinkerer

easier said than done, it was a fresh when I got it and did not work then. I will make a bootable USB drive and see if that works but being out the stylus has royally screwed my work flow so being out for a day of work re-restoring when I'm behind already is hard not to mention I've had it for three weeks, just got it set up...
    Is the generic looking "HID - compliant pen" the only driver?

Is there an app that will show signal strength or pressure / button data, what about one the helps with calibration? I want to make sure this is my best bet before telling my customer I'm another day behind as my new laptop to replace my broken one is also broken and will be down for a day. 
  • To rule out any hardware issues, I recommend that you do a system restore to factory defaults! The 1803 version of windows 10, presents conflicts with several drivers!
    To restore the system, press the alt + f10 keys when turning on the notebook! That way the computer will return to factory defaults! It is possible that the pen driver is also not compatible with the 1803 version of windows!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Zallin

Tinkerer

It had an alt F10 restore three weeks ago when I bough it and did not work before it had any network connection for updates. This weekend I will try a fresh install on a usb drive but it would not be that likely to have a corrupt restore lit alone that the pen functionality would work but not correct with no errors. If it is a driver problem, it shipped broken.
  • If your windows version is 1803, this driver may not be compatible with this version! Although the drivers provided by acer are optimized for your notebook, I would try to use some program like driverbooster or driverpack so they can check and download the most current drivers for your model! A more current driver might solve this problem! There is no need to install the game programs in the driverbooster and the cleaning programs in the driverpack!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Zallin

Tinkerer

Drive booster did nothing to fix it and still have not had time to wipe it clean again.
  • Try to restore the notebook using the restore point to a date that is lower than the date the problem occurred!I recommend you back up your files first!To restore the notebook, go to start, settings, update and security, recovery and click get started now!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mickey36736
    mickey36736 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I also have the same issue with Adonit Ink and surface pro 3 pen since I bought this laptop a few months ago. The line was not consistent.
  • Zallin

Tinkerer

The problem occurred when I bought it. They did a restore, I got home, did the windows set up, it did not work, setup wifi, did not work, updated to 10 pro still did not work, installed all updates still did not work.

I will try this, but again it NEVER worked from the time I got it home even before it had any network set up.  And just a tip for Acer, I tried to use tech chat and phone support but got pushed to here. NEVER LET TECH HELP SAY "I can't help you." especially on a 2-3 week old laptop. I should have taken that as a sign. I bought this ***** laptop FOR THE PEN. I knew I may have some problems with a display unit but was told I would get full warranty but that is no good if you can't get LIVE tech help. No matter how much you wish it is a forum is NOT LIVE. It took 3 days to get to a point where that would have taken less then 15 minutes on the phone or chat.  If I knew I would have to deal with this I would have stuck with Lenovo as my Flex5 had a nice pen and live help. They even sent me a new keyboard 3weeks after the warranty expired just to be nice. But I went with something with slightly better specs and was in stock near by and been frustrated ever since. 
  • It looks like your model is perfectly compatible with the NP.STY1A.009 pen! Look: https://br.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42674/~/produtos-acer-que-suportam-a-caneta-stylus-ativa
    https://store.acer.com/en-us/acer-active-stylus-asa630
    However, I also consider that the models should be perfectly compatible! Can you inform the models of the pens?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Zallin

Tinkerer

the pens work on other MPP laptops and have been verified to work with the NP515-51 so they tell me to contact Acer.
    If Acer will take my credit info but not charge me, send me a pen and it works they can charge me and I will keep it. Other wise I will send it back at no cost to myself, but at this point Im sick of spening money to get something to return it and have the money gone for a month as it takes weeks for the return to get back to you all for a brand new laptop that was supposed to be better than my old one. This has already taken longer than any other warranty support problem I have ever had to deal with and I had to talk HP into giving me the tattooing utility as they sent a HP motherboard for a Compaq.
    Can you tell im getting salty :/ 
    im doing the restore tonight, saying I don't have high hopes doesn't began to describe how futile this feels.
  • OK! I hope the restoration will definitely solve your problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Zallin

Tinkerer

after restore its still doing the same thing.....
  • Have you checked whether you disabled the mouse driver in the device manager? Checked if the pen is paired via bluetooth properly with the notebook?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Zallin

Tinkerer

full restore did nothing as well.
    Nothing is disabled in device Manager. Yes the Bamboo ink was properly paired with Bluetooth the other two, like the ASA630, have no quick launch button thus no Bluetooth to pair. 
    I guess I will spend another $50 to get another stylus but my A+ sense is giving me a hardware/calibration feel so I have lost all hope at this point.