sata cable and bracket for Aspire A315-41 Part Number: NX.GY9ED.012

joenne
joenne Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have an emty slot in my laptop and want to install a second ssd, but I need part numbers for sata cable and hdd bracket.
Anyone knows?

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    These are the part numbers:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,076 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    The part number for HDD cable:50.GY9N2.003
    Part number for HDD Bracket:33.GY9N2.001
    Cable is a must but if you can safely tuck in the HDD with some sort of soft material to restrict it's movement, you don't need the bracket and the screws to fit the assembly.
    In case you want the bracket, you need to get these screws as well.
    4 screws to fit SSD to bracket, size M3.0x3.0, part number:86.MXRN2.008

4 screws to fit the assembly in the bay
    size M2.0x3.0 , part number:86.GCHN2.009

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    These are the part numbers:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Cable is a must but if you can safely tuck in the HDD with some sort of soft material to restrict it's movement, you don't need the bracket and the screws to fit the assembly.

• joenne

Tinkerer

Thanks for taking your time, now I can search for the right parts. :-)
  • When you buy the parts and connect them to the notebook, let us know!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• joenne

Tinkerer

I will do that. I have now ordered the cable (2 weeks delivery) but not the bracket. It was to expensive.
    I will try to fixate the ssd somehow.

• UrbiJr
    UrbiJr Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    joenne said:
    I will do that. I have now ordered the cable (2 weeks delivery) but not the bracket. It was to expensive.
    I will try to fixate the ssd somehow.

Hi Joenne,
    I have your exact same problem, same Aspire model too!
    I received a price quotation for the two parts: about 6€ for the cable and about 20€ for the bracket (+ shipping). So as you, I'm oriented to buy only the SATA cable (which is essential). 
    I'd have a question for you: how did you fix the SSD in the slot without the bracket? (if you already fixed it)
    Thanks! :-)
  • UrbiJr
    Hi,

Could you make an example for the "some sort of soft material" ?
    I would like to be sure about which materials are allowed to be in contact with the SSD.
  • brummyfan2
    UrbiJr said:
    Hi,

I would like to be sure about which materials are allowed to be in contact with the SSD.
    Hi,
    Something similar to this packing material, cut it to size to make the SSD/HDD firmly fixed in the bay.

• joenne

Tinkerer

I have not received the cable yet, but I'm going to use double coated foam tape. I don't think I will change it later anyway.
    Cheap spareparts for you. I had to pay 17€ for the cable and 40€ for the bracket in my country.
  • UrbiJr
    joenne said:
    I have not received the cable yet, but I'm going to use double coated foam tape. I don't think I will change it later anyway.
    Cheap spareparts for you. I had to pay 17€ for the cable and 40€ for the bracket in my country.
    Did you order from Acer directly? I received the price quotation from them.. 40€ for a bracket is just absurd.
    Do you think tape will secure it enough, even when you take away the laptop with you (so in movement situations)? 
  • UrbiJr
    UrbiJr said:
    Hi,

Hi,
    Something similar to this packing material, cut it to size to make the SSD/HDD firmly fixed in the bay.

Thanks! Definitely going to try this easy and cheap solution!
  • brummyfan2
    UrbiJr said:
    UrbiJr said:
    Hi,

Hi,

Thanks! Definitely going to try this easy and cheap solution!
    You are welcome, yes a double sided tape also another alternative.
  • joenne

Tinkerer

No, I didn't order it from Acer, just some internet computer store.
    I have received the cable today and installed the SSD. It works fine.
    I didn't even tape the SSD, it was fitting between the foam tape in the top and bottom.
    You have to remove the USB cable on the right side to reach the sata plug underneath.
  • brummyfan2
    joenne said:
    No, I didn't order it from Acer, just some internet computer store.
    I have received the cable today and installed the SSD. It works fine.
    I didn't even tape the SSD, it was fitting between the foam tape in the top and bottom.
    You have to remove the USB cable on the right side to reach the sata plug underneath.
    Thanks for the feedback, well done :)
  • Good thing it worked! Can you take a picture of that adaptation suggested by your colleague @brummyfan2 and tell the type of material (foam) that was used in this adaptation?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• joenne

Tinkerer

I didn't use anything. The SSD is fixed between the blue foam to the right and the two yellow to the left (at this picture) which is already in place.
    I can't even move it. I
    t's really tight.  :)

• I liked your adaptation, my friend!  :)

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• You can order the kit for free if you live in the United States or Canada here: https://csapps.acer.com/kit-request/#submit

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• UrbiJr
    edited October 2018
    You can order the kit for free if you live in the United States or Canada here: https://csapps.acer.com/kit-request/#submit
    Exactly this kind of selected support for only certain areas --generally US-- makes me a little disappointed 😕
    joenne said:
    I didn't use anything. The SSD is fixed between the blue foam to the right and the two yellow to the left (at this picture) which is already in place.
    I can't even move it. It's really tight.  :)

By the way I didn't try to put mine inside yet (a KingDian S200), but, as well as all the SSD's should have the same dimensions, it should fit fine like yours... am I wrong? So no additional tape/soft material needed? 🤩