Acer Aspire A515-51G-53JT keyboard problem

Comments

• endri2211
    endri2211 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am having the exact same issue as yours.
  • @ManBearPig @endri2211
    Give this a try, go to BIOS, click F9 to set to default settings, then press F10 to save and exit, this may or may not work but worth a shot.

• kocobah
    kocobah Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the exact same problem. Acer, wtf? People need to know.
  • Shashikant
    Shashikant Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I faced the same problem with the same keys. registered a complaint in acer repairs portal. They are currently replacing my keyboard panel. Will update after the repair is successful 😊
  • Shashikant

Tinkerer

So they replaced the keyboard panel. Now all the keys are working smoothly. Contact acer through their repairs portal :)
  • prat4111
    prat4111 Member Posts: 2 New User
    So they replaced the keyboard panel. Now all the keys are working smoothly. Contact acer through their repairs portal :)
    Hey! How long did it take for the replacement to complete? And what about the data? Did you have to reinstall all your applications?  
  • prat4111
    prat4111 Member Posts: 2 New User
    And what do you mean by the Acer repairs portal? Is there a link?
  • demon296
    demon296 Member Posts: 2 New User
    hardware problem no software solution change it 
  • BIGBADWOLF
    BIGBADWOLF Member Posts: 2 New User

I noticed a strange problem with my Aspire A515-51G-53JT laptop which I bought almost a month ago. 

Some keys randomly stop working and it's always the same keys. So far I've discovered that the periodically shutting off keys include 1 3 - q t p ] j 3(num) 5(num) righ arrow

I have never dropped the laptop or poured any liquids on it, I got it new and unopened. It worked flawlessly prior to this problem.

I tried uninstalling the keyboard drivers and resetting the computer but the problem returned almost immediately. The keys stop working for a few seconds and then work again but it's very annoying. 

Any solution?

Bro you solve this problem...

plz reply..because i am also facing this problem..

• bavedoggs
    bavedoggs Member Posts: 1 New User
    I believe its a hardware issue....been having problems starting 6 months after purchase.  these aren't keyboards you can change yourself (and you can only get replacement keyboards from china) and they must be mailed in.  Cheap Chinese garbage.
  • AboudMahoud
    AboudMahoud Member Posts: 1 New User
    i have same problem A515-51G-771Y
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand keyboards, highlight and right click Standard PS/2 keyboard, select Properties, go to Driver tab and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
  • kocobah
    kocobah Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand keyboards, highlight and right click Standard PS/2 keyboard, select Properties, go to Driver tab and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
     Man, this is hardware problem, not software
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    kocobah said:
    Hi,
     Man, this is hardware problem, not software
    Yes, there are different reasons for keyboard failure, so it's better to try solving it separately, hence my suggestion.
  • endri2211
    endri2211 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello guys, an update here.
    The first time I took my laptop where I bought it they had to order the keyboard as they didnt have the part. 3 weeks later they contacted me, so I took the laptop there and the keyboard was replaced. Within 6 hours the issue was resolved.
    New keyboard works fine and mentioned keys dont have any issue.
    Thanks.
  • Dexte
    Dexte Member Posts: 1 New User
    same problem in A515-51g-751g
  • BIGBADWOLF
    BIGBADWOLF Member Posts: 2 New User
    i am also facing with this problem
  • Deekshant
    Deekshant Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same issue.....I guess it is a software issue. Anyways I have ordered new keyboard
  • romap
    romap Member Posts: 6 New User
    This is occurring to me too.
  • Shashikant

Tinkerer

prat4111 said:
    Hey! How long did it take for the replacement to complete? And what about the data? Did you have to reinstall all your applications?  
    They took around 15 days to repair. Did not lose any data. But one month after the keyboard replacement, same problem has occurred. One by one, same keys (t, u, p, q, 1, 3, -) etc are failing. disappointed.
This discussion has been closed.