Acer TravelMate X349-M

DerLauskop
DerLauskop Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello Community,
I have an Acer TravelMate X349-M whereof I forgot the BIOS passwort or I may never set one but it is asking a password. Is there a way to reset it? I already searched fo a jumper on the motherboard to reset the capacitor battery for the BIOS but I didn't find the jumper. I even tried to enter the 8 number code (i think it is called password hash), after failed the password 3 times, on the internet site: XXXXXXXXXXXXX. I even pushed the button for 3 seconds on the bottom of my Notebook which simulates taking out the battery which didn't help. Is there some software for doing this task as I am able to run my main Windows.
Thank you for any help in advance.
~DerLauskop

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]

Answers

• Yes, the AC is the power adapter!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DerLauskop

Tinkerer

I tried it again but now it seems to happen something: on the screen there is "(A7) Me FW Downgrade - Request MeSpiLock Failed" shown. What does this mean?

• Did you connect the rtc battery correctly?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    @DerLauskop Can you still boot in Windows even with this error? If yes, open Device Manager and look for a red or yellow warning. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DerLauskop

Tinkerer

Before opening my TravelMate I was able to enter Windows. The problem why I wanted to enter the BIOS was, that I had configured Linux - Windows Dualboot. It worked until I deleted Linux. Now the Boot order was set to Linux prior but the Linux Partition with is Grub doesn't exist anymore. FOr this I want to change the boot order in the BIOS. Maybe the problem is with that? So now I am goint to set my laptop up and running (meaning screwing the parts all together like they are normally)? If there isn't the problem in Windows with the drivers I need to open the Laptop again?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    I'm not sure. But if you need Linux for schoolwork, how about running it as a 32-bit VM under Windows? I'm running SuSE along with Win98SE and WinXP as guests on a Windows host with VMWare because some of my old-but-still-useful apps won't run under newer Windows. What's really useful to me is that I can run the VMs all at the same time and even communicate with one another thru the network all on the same machine. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DerLauskop

Tinkerer

edited September 2018
    You won't believe: I closed the laptop like it was before and TADAA... it Boots into Windows directly. I don't know why this happens. Maybe, when working on the Hardware, it resetted the EFI files which I have set as trusted and so the first OS is now Windows :astonished: With that I can work for the next time until I have the time to send my Laptop to acer. BUT I can't manually change the boot order so I can't load a bootable usb stick for now. This might become a problem.
  • Thankfully windows is initialized! I recommend you do not insist anymore, for now, on trying to reset the bios of the notebook!
    If it was changed the order is boot, has also been cleared the bios password?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi DerLauskop,

Unfortunately we do not allow/provide direct support or discuss any steps on unlocking BIOS passwords or bypassing of security features. (Please check/ review our Acer Community User Agreement

We recommend contacting your local Acer support for better assistance: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/AE/content/service-contact

Note: We will be closing this thread and moderating comments. 

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
This discussion has been closed.