Trying to disable FN keys - Acer Aspire 7 A717-72G-700J

Eclipsy
Eclipsy Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello! I just got my new Acer Aspire 7 A717-72G-700J today and the first thing I found out is that the FN keys are always on. I play a lot of games with f1-f12 needed and I don't have the fingers to hold onto the extra key. Any suggestions to disable it being on constantly?

Answers

• Eclipsy 
    The function keys F1 - F12 works only while holding Fn key, otherwise the display brightness, volumes and others are predefined on these keys.
    Please check for option to modify the function of FN key in BIOS, main tab.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453

To disable, or enable, the function key (fn) in the BIOS, do the following steps.
    1. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
    2. Press the f2 key to open the BIOS setup window. (On newer computers, you need to hold down the "esc" key. Then you can opt to go into the BIOS settings.)
    3. Use the right-arrow or left-arrow keys to navigate to the System Configuration option.
    4. Use the up-arrow or down-arrow keys to navigate to the Action Keys Mode option, and then press the "enter" key to display the Enable / Disable menu.
    5. Select the desired mode
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Xican021tkm
    Xican021tkm Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi I have a problem turning on my laptop aspire 3 I must hold f1 to turn it on but the minute I moved my finger from f1 button it switch itself off so I wanted to how should I article this situation 
  • Harrison_Moses
    Harrison_Moses Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi I have a problem turning on my laptop aspire 3 I must hold f1 to turn it on but the minute I moved my finger from f1 button it switch itself off so I wanted to how should I article this situation 
    same problem for me,i had to press the f1 key as long as possible to make my laptop turn on,if i let go it turns off automatically,have you found any fix for this??
This discussion has been closed.