How to enter RST BIOS

zhiheng1219
zhiheng1219 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
How to enter RST BIOS ? Ctrl + I doesnt seems to work.
Please help me

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I think this is what you are looking for:
    This is a comment from colleague @IronFly that was said here: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/418955/intel-rapid-storage-technology-gone-from-bios

check if your BIOS is in UEFI mode, if so, when you delete the array, CTRL-I is no more available.

so switch back to Legacy with RAID as SATA device, save and exit

at the next boot CTRL-I will be again available

set your ARRAY

exit

enter BIOS again and set UEFI back

check if SATA is still RAID

save and exit

re-install windows

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• What is your notebook model?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • zhiheng1219

Tinkerer

What is your notebook model?
    Helios 300
  • What is the exact model? Example: v3-571!
    To enter the bios, you must press f2 when turning on the notebook!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zhiheng1219

Tinkerer

My model is PH315-51-510T, i did enter the BIOS but ctrl + i doesnt work.
    I was going to access the RAID to mark my hard disk as non-RAID.
    Intel RST turned my HDD into recovery drive.
  • Got it!
    a) go to msconfig, system boot and select safe boot and reboot;

b) go to the bios and the main section in sata mode, change from rst with optane to ahci!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zhiheng1219

Tinkerer

Did it, but i still can't open the Intel RST BIOS extension
  • Can you hit a photo of your bios? Checked if creating an easy password in the set supervisor password, unblock this function?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    after changing in the bios from RST to AHCI , does your laptop boot to windows ?
    My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • zhiheng1219

Tinkerer

I am not sure where to unblock it
  • zhiheng1219

Tinkerer

after changing in the bios from RST to AHCI , does your laptop boot to windows ?
    Yes it does, but i still cant access Intel RST BIOS extension using ctrl + I
  • I would like to see a photo with the main section!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zhiheng1219

Tinkerer

I would like to see a photo with the main section!

• Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    what Intel RST Bios extensions ?
    i dont have it in my helios 300.
    changing from rst  with optane to ahci in bios will convert intel storage controller to non raid mode.

My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • zhiheng1219

Tinkerer

what Intel RST Bios extensions ?
    i dont have it in my helios 300.
    changing from rst  with optane to ahci in bios will convert intel storage controller to non raid mode.

It is what I know from the Intel forum regarding the Intel RST.

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    This is a comment from colleague @IronFly that was said here: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/418955/intel-rapid-storage-technology-gone-from-bios

check if your BIOS is in UEFI mode, if so, when you delete the array, CTRL-I is no more available.

set your ARRAY

exit

save and exit

re-install windows

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zhiheng1219

Tinkerer

set your ARRAY

exit

save and exit

re-install windows

noted with thanks.
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited September 2018
    Did the procedure work? Credits are from @IronFly!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• abdul_hajiyev
    abdul_hajiyev Member Posts: 3 New User

I am not sure where to unblock it
    This is not Helios 300 your model is Nitro 5
  • NareshBisht
    NareshBisht Member Posts: 4 New User
    The facing same problem, I cannot enter RST bios with ctrl + I. I Acer nitro 7 with dual SSD. I installed window in one SSD and Linux in another now i'm done with linux and want to format the whole system and merge both the SSD. I dont have option to switch to legacy mode, can anyone help me out with this? 

Thank you.