Laptop switches off after battery low without any warning.

shresht
shresht Member Posts: 8 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
i have acer aspire e5 551g and it just switches off without any prior warning when the battery is low.
I have to set my low battery warning at 26% to get the notification and critical battery is set to 18% but when it reaches 18%,it automatically shuts off ant turns on at 7% when plugged in.
pls help,I have windows 10(ver 1803) installed. 

Answers

• Hi,
    Go to Power options(right click battery icon), click Change plan settings, click Change Advanced power settings, expand Battery, check whether critical battery notification switched on, check whether Critical battery action is not Shut down.

• shresht
    it was selected for shut down
    now i had changed it to hibernate.Let's see if it works
  • shresht
    it did not gave notification this time also and hibernated.
    After switching it on(plugged in) it showed 7% battery again.
    Why battery %age is dropping so rapidly?
  • Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand Batteries, highlight and right click "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant control method battery", click Properties, uninstall the driver in Driver tab, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
  • shresht
    Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand Batteries, highlight and right click "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant control method battery", click Properties, uninstall the driver in Driver tab, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
    sorry for the late reply,
    i tried the above mentioned method but it did not help.
  • Hi,
    You could try a battery reset, switch off the laptop, disconnect from mains, follow the instructions in the video, leave the laptop to rest for a while before starting again.
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset
  • It is possible that the battery is unbalanced and therefore the notebook suddenly shuts off by 18%!
    To calibrate the battery, you charge the battery up to 100% with the notebook off; after charging, leave the notebook off for two hours to cool the battery; do this, turn on the notebook and program the notebook to use the high-performance mode and also program so that the screen and the hard disk do not turn off; also program the critical battery level to 1% and the critical battery action to turn off; and low-battery action, put in nothing to do!
    Leave the notebook using only the battery power until it turns itself off!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)