Gpu issues with Helios 300

Agrovatter
Agrovatter Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
just got my Acer preditor 300 And had a few problems, when I tried to connect the hdmi to a monitor, it recognizes it’s plugged in but shows no signal. The gpu is also idle on predetor sense when games are open creating lag in all games like csgo and EFT at a constant 10-15 frames except when I first played a game of LOL when I first got it and it ran well enough in the where I diddnt notice (I’m assuming because it might have used the cpu integrated graphics). After both these things happened I installed the newest drivers from nvidia experience and ran the custom installation, reset my laptop, and the same thing happend, extremely low frames, any suggestions or solutions 

Best Answer

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    @Agrovatter

Disable the Windows 10 file ''hiberfil.sys'' 

''hiberfil.sys'' is a file Windows uses to store everything in your ram to disk upon Hibernation-Sleep. You can disable hibernation by
    1. Press the Windows button on the keyboard to open Start menu or Start screen.
    2. Search for cmd. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    3. When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    4. At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off, and then press Enter.
    5. Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Agrovatter

Tinkerer

@Jack22 i did what you said and nothing happened, sense is still saying gpu still idle after i typed in this, even thought the command promp says that its using much more

• Agrovatter

Tinkerer

in fact, only the integrated graphics show up on the task manager

• Agrovatter

Tinkerer

@Jack22
    found out that in device manager tis disabled, anyhting i can do about htis?

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018
    Error 43 *could* mean a faulty Nvidia chip.

Unfortunately Nvidia released a large batch of bad chips not too long ago (a year or two?) 

I know a lot of people from a lot of brands that this happened to (so not a Acer thing)
    If reinstalling Nvidias driver doesnt fix it then send it in for repair/replacement under warranty.
    - Hotel Hero
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @Jack22
    found out that in device manager tis disabled, anyhting i can do about htis?

Error 43 - bad chip. Get it replaced under warranty.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Agrovatter

Tinkerer

@sri369 thank you for helping! sucks that i have to return it right after getting it but happy that its under warranty, plan on returning it to amazon tomorrow!