next@acer: Predator Triton 900 Gives You Optimized Gaming Experience in Every Mode

Jose-Acer
Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,336 Community Administrator
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_eO2wBxH4c

What do you think of the new member of our Predator laptop family?

Comments

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Looks epic 👍
    Very interested in the specifications. 😁
    - Hotel Hero
  • Skree
    Skree Member Posts: 97 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Sweet. I am not sure if i dig the visual design... but sweet anyway.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    The screen tilt... that's a beautiful design! Was wondering where the touch pad was... until that part lighted up :-) :+1:
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Jose-Acer
    Red-Sand said:
    Looks epic 👍
    Very interested in the specifications. 😁

When I have more information I'll share it in the Community.  You can also follow our social media channels for the latest info ;)

Skree said:

What are your thoughts on the visuals?  I'll pass them on to our team.

sri369 said:
    The screen tilt... that's a beautiful design! Was wondering where the touch pad was... until that part lighted up :-) :+1:

That's what I thought when I first saw the Predator Triton 700.  After a couple of minutes of retraining your muscle memory you get used to the location of the touchpad :+1:  Now I would just bring the screen closer and use touch instead :D
  • Skree
    Acer-Jose said:

Skree said:

The rotating screen, mostly. But it could very well be just the need to adjust to a new design philosophy. I would check the strength of the two arms that keep the screen in place, but i am sure that the engineers have already done the necessary tests.

Perhaps it si simply that i don't feel or see the need for a display that you can move in that way. For instance when you rotate the display so that it is on the "back", i thought that it might have been to use an external keyboard and mouse and having the screen the nearest possible to you... but if you use it in that position you also have the heat exhausts that shoot hot air directly towards that external mouse and keyboard.

Moreover, if i am using an external keyboard i find it more than possible that i am also using an external monitor.

But mine is really more nitpicking than else. I have a Triton 700 and i am in love with it... if not for the slightly higher than comfortable thermals.
  • Red-Sand
    edited August 2018
    Skree said:
    Acer-Jose said:

Skree said:

The rotating screen, mostly. But it could very well be just the need to adjust to a new design philosophy. I would check the strength of the two arms that keep the screen in place, but i am sure that the engineers have already done the necessary tests.

Perhaps it si simply that i don't feel or see the need for a display that you can move in that way. For instance when you rotate the display so that it is on the "back", i thought that it might have been to use an external keyboard and mouse and having the screen the nearest possible to you... but if you use it in that position you also have the heat exhausts that shoot hot air directly towards that external mouse and keyboard.

Moreover, if i am using an external keyboard i find it more than possible that i am also using an external monitor.

But mine is really more nitpicking than else. I have a Triton 700 and i am in love with it... if not for the slightly higher than comfortable thermals.
    Very interesting..! I didn't even think of exhaust direction when the screen is flipped!

Overall the innovating steps Acer is making is quite impressive. I would like to see however a more detailed software control for the fans (such as a temp/rpm fan curve setting).
    The custom fan setting shows its very possible even with previously released systems, however Acer's custom hardware make it impossible to control with a software such as "speed fan" which is installed on all my other systems.

One of the most alluring features of MSI laptops (even though they perform poorly) is the dragon center which allows additional fan control and additional fan control presets.

This is also something Acer could very easily add... as Ive had the privilage of playing with the Helios 300 SE model which includes an additional auto fan setting (coolboost/normal/silent)

I think adding such features and include even older owers of Predator models with the update would go a VERY long way in terms of overall appreciation of current owners as well as show previous gen owners they are not forgotten.

I run a FB page with 3800+ Predator owners and most of them purchased the Helios 300 due to its price and power. Including them (and other generations) in the loop on these innovations would secure a solid base of loyal owners.
    Something thats important since most owners purchased the Helios with money that took a while to save up.

P.S. I own a Helios 300, Predator 17 and a Helios 500.
    - Hotel Hero
  • laptopenthuiast
    laptopenthuiast Member Posts: 29 Troubleshooter
    we laptop enthusiast despise BGA laptop that you can't upgrade down the road. we got p870dm or tm that can use desktop cpu can upgrade to 9900k intel latest 8 core CPU and use latest GPU and possibly upgrade GPU 1-2 years down the road, these laptops can't and all dead, it really is a shame. cool design, but just creates a dead end laptop.
  • sri369
    Acer-Jose said:

That's what I thought when I first saw the Predator Triton 700.  After a couple of minutes of retraining your muscle memory you get used to the location of the touchpad :+1:  Now I would just bring the screen closer and use touch instead :D
    This actually works in my favor, cos i am more used to having mouse to right of my keyboard :-) So a huge +10000 from me on that design.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Jose-Acer
    Skree said:

Thank you for the feedback, @Skree! I now see your point.  I always use my laptops with an external mouse (and keyboard whenever possible) and always elevated so I didn’t think about the exhaust now being in the front.  And hey, it may feel like nitpicking but you may not be alone in this.  I’ll forward your feedback to our design team :)

Red-Sand said:
    Very interesting..! I didn't even think of exhaust direction when the screen is flipped!

Overall the innovating steps Acer is making is quite impressive. I would like to see however a more detailed software control for the fans (such as a temp/rpm fan curve setting).
    The custom fan setting shows its very possible even with previously released systems, however Acer's custom hardware make it impossible to control with a software such as "speed fan" which is installed on all my other systems.

One of the most alluring features of MSI laptops (even though they perform poorly) is the dragon center which allows additional fan control and additional fan control presets.

This is also something Acer could very easily add... as Ive had the privilage of playing with the Helios 300 SE model which includes an additional auto fan setting (coolboost/normal/silent)

I think adding such features and include even older owers of Predator models with the update would go a VERY long way in terms of overall appreciation of current owners as well as show previous gen owners they are not forgotten.

I run a FB page with 3800+ Predator owners and most of them purchased the Helios 300 due to its price and power. Including them (and other generations) in the loop on these innovations would secure a solid base of loyal owners.
    Something thats important since most owners purchased the Helios with money that took a while to save up.

P.S. I own a Helios 300, Predator 17 and a Helios 500.

Thank you for your support and the feedback.  I’ll pass on your temperature/RPM fan curve suggestions forward!

we laptop enthusiast despise BGA laptop that you can't upgrade down the road. we got p870dm or tm that can use desktop cpu can upgrade to 9900k intel latest 8 core CPU and use latest GPU and possibly upgrade GPU 1-2 years down the road, these laptops can't and all dead, it really is a shame. cool design, but just creates a dead end laptop.

Acer always strives to bring the latest in technology, and while the pace of innovation in the field of computer technology is quite fast, a two year old unit can hardly be considered “dead” because it is not possible to upgrade the CPU or GPU.  We have been improving on upgradability by adding quick access doors to drives and RAM slots.

sri369 said:
    This actually works in my favor, cos i am more used to having mouse to right of my keyboard :-) So a huge +10000 from me on that design.

Me too :)  I never leave the house without my mouse!
  • sri369
    Acer-Jose said:

Thank you for the feedback, @Skree! I now see your point.  I always use my laptops with an external mouse (and keyboard whenever possible) and always elevated so I didn’t think about the exhaust now being in the front.  And hey, it may feel like nitpicking but you may not be alone in this.  I’ll forward your feedback to our design team :)

Exhaust in the front? Wait... from the impression I got, they were more like intakes, isn't it? Or was I mistaken there? For... if it was actually the exhaust towards the front, or even the first half of sides, it would literally kill the deal for many... cos that's the place mouse tends to sit and the exhaust would only make using mouse uncomfortable.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • Red-Sand
    sri369 said:
    Acer-Jose said:

Exhaust in the front? Wait... from the impression I got, they were more like intakes, isn't it? Or was I mistaken there? For... if it was actually the exhaust towards the front, or even the first half of sides, it would literally kill the deal for many... cos that's the place mouse tends to sit and the exhaust would only make using mouse uncomfortable.
    Referring to the Next@Acer event where they showed the Triton 900 screen flip backwards to face at the back of the laptop (i.e. exhausts)
    - Hotel Hero
  • sri369
    Red-Sand said:
    sri369 said:
    Acer-Jose said:

Referring to the Next@Acer event where they showed the Triton 900 screen flip backwards to face at the back of the laptop (i.e. exhausts)
    Oooo nice @Red-Sand for the new shiny ACE badge, noticed it just now.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Awesome laptop :)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Ink_Page
    Ink_Page Member Posts: 2 New User
    I love the concept and all, but I’m more concerned on pricing and store availability.
  • therealteddy
    therealteddy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Acer-Jose said: wow....CNC machined hinges.....wow......hinges like that n'everything. what a concept....hinges....wow....CNC machined too.....that is certainly something to crow about!
  • Acer-Jose said: wow....CNC machined hinges.....wow......hinges like that n'everything. what a concept....hinges....wow....CNC machined too.....that is certainly something to crow about!
    I like that they designed the hinges themselves. Will improve longevity.

- Hotel Hero
  • OliverM3
    OliverM3 Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon

I don't know I think I prefer the Predator 700's design. Also I value lighter weight and thinner bezels over a screen change that I will never take advantage of. It's not that difficult to spin your laptop around on the meeting table if you want to show people something or if you're sharing just use a projector.

Then again who am I? I'm probably the only person who absolutely loved the track pad placement on the Predator 700. Finally someone moved that thing out of my way and made it look sexy doing it. I could see the screen being good on a productivity only machine that's super light and portable but not really on a gaming laptop.

Still a very nice looking machine just the same and the screen wouldn't deter my purchase as long as it didn't add to much to the weight over the competition. My 700 is pushing the limit of what I want to haul around everyday. I'm right handed so the trackpad doesn't matter to me I can get used to it on the right, top or bottom. But I would never buy a laptop with a trackpad on the left. So I can imagine that this just excluded every lefty out there. Which is a shame since the majority of my co-workers are left handed. I don't know what it is but there seem to be so many lefties in IT.

• Skree
    OliverM3 said:

I don't know I think I prefer the Predator 700's design. Also I value lighter weight and thinner bezels over a screen change that I will never take advantage of. It's not that difficult to spin your laptop around on the meeting table if you want to show people something or if you're sharing just use a projector.

Then again who am I? I'm probably the only person who absolutely loved the track pad placement on the Predator 700. Finally someone moved that thing out of my way and made it look sexy doing it. I could see the screen being good on a productivity only machine that's super light and portable but not really on a gaming laptop.

Still a very nice looking machine just the same and the screen wouldn't deter my purchase as long as it didn't add to much to the weight over the competition. My 700 is pushing the limit of what I want to haul around everyday. I'm right handed so the trackpad doesn't matter to me I can get used to it on the right, top or bottom. But I would never buy a laptop with a trackpad on the left. So I can imagine that this just excluded every lefty out there. Which is a shame since the majority of my co-workers are left handed. I don't know what it is but there seem to be so many lefties in IT.

I agree with practically everything you said. And i do prefer having the keyboard on the bottom.
  • OremLK
    OremLK Member Posts: 1 New User

Do you know if the Triton 900 will have pen support?  I've been looking and looking for a high-end gaming laptop which is also a convertible 2-in-1, and this upcoming product seems like the closest thing I've heard about yet.  If it will have a Wacom/nTrig digitizer and stylus support, it will be exactly what I'm searching for, and put me down for one =)
  • x_iso
    x_iso Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Also interested if there's going to be a pen support. And if there's going to be less overkill spec options for those who would buy not primarily for gaming, but CPU intensive tasks and content creation. I would settle for 16Gb RAM, simpler RTX GPU, 256Gb SSD (no raid, thanks) if it means I could realistically buy it at some point (approximate 4000$ is way too much for me, by the time I could save up enough it would probably only be for sale second-hand on much lower price)