I have a Predator laptop G9-792 Motherboard Challenger_SLS

ANRzX
ANRzX Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
 I want to Upgrade rams and SSD ,and also the HDD what is compatible and what is not help me plz :)

Best Answers

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    You can install a NVMe M.2 SSD and a SATA M.2 SSD( up to 512GB), as for the memory, you can upgrade up to 64GB(4x16GB).
  • ANRzX

Tinkerer

Can i install SSD 512 Samsung Evo 960?
  • ANRzX

Tinkerer

and about the rams ! can I change to hyper X? all the rams?
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    I would suggest you to install memory modules recommended by Acer, I can not confirm that HyperX will work but I have seen some members had problems with HyperX modules, so these are the compatible Part numbers:
    KN.8GB0G.037
    KN.8GB0B.032
    KN.16G0G.021 
    KN.16G0B.015
    Or
    You check with Crucial and buy compatible modules:http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for//predator-g9-792
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    ANRzX said:
    Can i install SSD 512 Samsung Evo 960?

Yes, you can.
  • ANRzX

Tinkerer

I am sorry for asking to many questions, but I must make sure:

this is a list of the parts.
    I would be much appreciated if you check their compatibility and if they are good?

Rams:

Samsung M471A2K43BB1-CPB 16GB DDR4-2133 SoDIMM CL15 Notebook Memory

NVMe M.2 SSD:

Samsung 960 EVO Series - 1TB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6E1T0BW)

SATA M.2 SSD:

Samsung 512GB SATA III PM871a M.2 SSD 6Gb/s 80mm 2280 NGFF MZNLN512HMJP

HDD:

Seagate 4TB Barracuda Sata 6GB/s 128MB Cache 2.5-Inch 15mm Internal Bare/OEM Hard Drive (ST4000LM024)

Correct me if I am wrong :) please.

• brummyfan2
    edited November 2017 Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Your chosen memory modules, Samsung 960 Evo, PM871 all seems fine, maximum recommended HDD is 2TB but 4TB might be OK in my opinion.
    You also need a bracket and 2 screws to fit the second SSD.
    Part number for Bracket: 33.Q04N5.001
     Screw size M2x4L 
    Please read this useful thread:https://community.acer.com/de/discussion/408274/predator-17-2-ssd-m-2/p1
  • ANRzX

Tinkerer

Hi,
    You can install a NVMe M.2 SSD and a SATA M.2 SSD( up to 512GB), as for the memory, you can upgrade up to 64GB(4x16GB).

NVMe M.2 SSD the maximum is 512GB or 1TB?
    SATA M.2 SSD as for this the maximum is 512GB

Thank you for the help I much appreciated.

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    You are welcome :)  yes, both NVMe SSD and SATA SSD the recommended maximum is 512GB.
  • cors
    cors Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hi guys, I need help to change HDD of my Predator. I have G9-792-75JX Part No. NX.Q0QEX.001 My question is, can I install SSD Samsung 970 EVO 250GB PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3 x 2 pieces. Thanks!
  • brummyfan2
    edited September 2018
    cors said:
    Hi guys, I need help to change HDD of my Predator. I have G9-792-75JX Part No. NX.Q0QEX.001 My question is, can I install SSD Samsung 970 EVO 250GB PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3 x 2 pieces. Thanks!
    Hi,
    You have one M.2 NVMe SSD slot and the other one is M.2 SATA SSD slot, so you can install only one 970 Evo, it may work but will restrict the speed to a SATA drive.
  • cors

Tinkerer

cors said:
    Hi,
    You have one M.2 NVMe SSD slot and the other one is M.2 SATA SSD slot, so you can install only one 970 Evo, it may work but will restrict the speed to a SATA drive.

Hi,
    Thanks for help :) What’s if I remove SATA SSD and install only one bigger on NVMe slot? Will be restricted, and work better?
    Thanks!
  • cors said:
    cors said:
    Hi,

Hi,
    Thanks for help :) What’s if I remove SATA SSD and install only one bigger on NVMe slot? Will be restricted, and work better?
    Thanks!
    No problem, what do you have at the moment? One single M.2 SATA SSD or 2 smaller SSDs?
  • cors

Tinkerer

cors said:
    cors said:
    Hi,

Hi,
    Thanks!
    No problem, what do you have at the moment? One single M.2 SATA SSD or 2 smaller SSDs?
    Two smaller SATA x 128GB as one of 256GB, but I need more space and if it’s possible better performance. 512GB Is perfect for me. Thanks
  • cors said:
    cors said:
    cors said:
    Hi,

Hi,
    Thanks!
    Two smaller SATA x 128GB as one of 256GB, but I need more space and if it’s possible better performance. 512GB Is perfect for me. Thanks
    Hi,
    In that case you may have RAID0 configuration for SATA mode, so you may find it difficult to have one larger NVMe SSD only but you could try using only a
    larger M.2 SSD but do not try to change RAID0 mode to AHCI mode. 
  • cors

Tinkerer

Yes that is right, in BIOS settings RAID is set to auto, and I can’t change. Whether it will change automatically?
  • cors

Tinkerer

Hi, I can change this setting in BIOS
  • If it can be changed, you won't have any problems in installing a larger drive than having two smaller drives.
  • cors

Tinkerer

Ok how is better one bigger or two smaller in RAID0, or I can install only one NVMe device? Thank you man you help me very much :+1::)
  • You are welcome, I am unable to answer this as I have no personal experience comparing these two modes, so you may have to wait for others to respond.