next@acer: Acer OJO 500 - The World’s First Detachable Headset for Experiences Beyond Reality

Comments

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Nice! What battery does it use? How does it communicate with the computer, WiFi, Bluetooth, something else? The cord is what gets in the way the most with my AH-101... Now I'll have to start saving my pennies, nickles and dimes. ;)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,335 Community Administrator
    billsey said:
    Nice! What battery does it use? How does it communicate with the computer, WiFi, Bluetooth, something else? The cord is what gets in the way the most with my AH-101... Now I'll have to start saving my pennies, nickles and dimes. ;)
    The detachable part is the visor section.  I don't have the complete spec sheet yet but once I do I'll let you know the details!  I'm always super aware of the cable when I use the Windows Mixed Reality headset but I have seen people that get a little too immersed!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    I think I see, the headset detaches from the portion connected to the computer, which is still wired. Convenient for those quick potty (or beer) breaks. ;)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • waiting4eva
    waiting4eva Member Posts: 1 New User
    whats going on this was meant to be on sale buy now. 
    uk needs a headset with ipd adjust for Christmas.
    if this don't go on sale soon you will lose all the sales to occulus!
    they are also selling for £399 with games,
    this headset if u want £499 needs better than standard handsets is like the Samsung ( rechargeable if possible) so you will have a reason to buy in countries outside the eu as the Samsung has oled screens  higher resolution and better controllers.
    eu and uk want to but this as Samsung wont sell to us so hurry up it will be black Friday soon and you will have missed your chance.