Acer SB220Q sync problems

EdDial
EdDial Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
I recently purchased an Acer SB220Q monitor to use as a utility monitor for server console ports. Unfortunately, the monitor can't sync to the video card during the POST cycle, stating that the signal is unsupported. I'm using HDMI for the console. I've tried to dumb the monitor down (disable game mode features) to correct this, but have been unsuccessful. Is this monitor defective or am I missing something? 

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    HI@EdDial,
    What is the OS you are using. Is it a chromebook,Mac or a Win based unit. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • EdDial
    I'm just trying to get a display on the POST process, it's an ASUS BIOS post. Once the system boots up, it's FreeBSD (FreeNAS). Once the OS boots, it seems to work OK. It's just the POST sequence (what I bought it for) that it can't sync on.
  • EdDial
    I would like to add that I can plug in a Samsung TV set to the HDMI cable and it can follow the POST process perfectly
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi,
    Try Fn + F5 if you have windows based computer.
    or
    check the below steps.

----> To Turn On or Off Fast Startup in System Settings

1. Go to 'Control Panel' and click on the "Power Options icon".
    2. Click "Choose what the power buttons do" on the left side.
    3. Click "Change settings that are currently unavailable".
    4. If prompted by UAC (User Account Control), click "Yes".
    5. Do step 6 or step 7 below for what you would like to do.

6. To Turn On Fast Startup.
    6a. Under "Shutdown settings", check the "Turn on fast startup box", click "Save changes", and go to step 8 below.

7. To Turn Off Fast Startup.
    7a. Under "Shutdown settings", uncheck the "Turn on fast startup box", click "Save changes", and go to step 8 below.

8. You can now close the 'System Settings' window.

Note: If the "Turn on fast startup" setting is not listed, then you will need to close the "System Settings" window, enable "hibernate", and then start over at step 1 again.
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    The SB220Q supports standard VGA mode, 640x480 60Hz, which is pretty much the standard for BIOS POST messages. Are you using a KVM between the computers and monitor? Maybe the KVM is translating to a weird signal. Try connecting directly with a VGA cable and see if it makes a difference.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.