Issues with the Dolby Audio

Saad98
Saad98 Member Posts: 60 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I just installed Realtek audio driver from the official Acer site because I was having some sound issues; now  everything is fixed but the issue is Dolby Audio isn't working. I mean to say that it is showing "Plug in headphones or speakers to enable Dolby Audio "! What should I do to solve this problem? Please help me if you know the solution. I really need this software since it enhances the gameplay. I have also attached a cropped screenshot for reference.

Best Answer

Answers

• Saad98
    Everyone gets the Dolby Audio pre-installed with Predator laptops, right? Coming to the point, my laptop wasn't recognizing the headphones when i used to plug in. So, I uninstalled the realtek speakers using device manager of windows itself and rebooted my laptop. The issue got solve but now the issue is it deleted the Dolby Audio software which enhances all the sounds. I am also trying to install it from Windows Store but it is giving me error 0x803FB005 saying couldn't install, try again. But the thing is it is repeating this error even after several shutdowns and reboots of the laptop. Please help me ASAP.
    My laptop: G3-572
                     Windows 10 64-bit
                     Core i5 7th gen
                     8GB RAM
                     1050ti 4GB graphics.
    Please let me know the solution for it.
  • Metal_Masher
    Metal_Masher Member Posts: 64 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Game 39%, Desk 122%, Work 57%
    CCPU: Intel Core i5-6300HQ - 50.6%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 970M - 32.2%
    SSD: Crucial P1 3D NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB - 594.5%
    SSD: Patriot P200 1TB - 68.6%
    RAM: Unknown CT8G4SFS8213.M8FA Hynix HMA41GS6AFR8N-TF 1315 CT8G4SFS8213.M8FA 24GB - 56.9%
    MBD: Acer Predator G9-791
  • Metal_Masher
    Metal_Masher Member Posts: 64 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Forgot to mention do not allow win 10 to download drivers as it can cause instability on the computer as the drivers it gets are not very good.
    Game 39%, Desk 122%, Work 57%
    CCPU: Intel Core i5-6300HQ - 50.6%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 970M - 32.2%
    SSD: Crucial P1 3D NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB - 594.5%
    SSD: Patriot P200 1TB - 68.6%
    RAM: Unknown CT8G4SFS8213.M8FA Hynix HMA41GS6AFR8N-TF 1315 CT8G4SFS8213.M8FA 24GB - 56.9%
    MBD: Acer Predator G9-791
  • What is the version of windows installed? See if using the driverbooster to download only the latest audio driver solves the problem!
    Also try the following: click control panel, realtek audio manager, plug in the headset, click the black icon in analog and select headset! Then go to dolby audio and see if it worked!
    Then try this as in the second picture!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Saad98
    What is the version of windows installed? See if using the driverbooster to download only the latest audio driver solves the problem!
    Also try the following: click control panel, realtek audio manager, plug in the headset, click the black icon in analog and select headset! Then go to dolby audio and see if it worked!
    Then try this as in the second picture!
    I did try that method but the issue still sustains. The Dolby Audio keeps getting turned off automatically and I have to restart manually each and every time while playing games and even while watching videos. Also when it is turned off the overall sound output is very low from the speakers.
  • Try this: go into settings, system, sound, input select stereo mix! I had this same problem and it was solved like that!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Saad98
    Try this: go into settings, system, sound, input select stereo mix! I had this same problem and it was solved like that!

Bro I did not find any additional option which is in your case. In my laptop there is only one option "Microphone Array (Realtek High Definition Audio(SST))"
  • MaxGamer
    MaxGamer Member Posts: 110 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi @Saad98

Sometimes the built in audio engine of games disables Dolby Audio (like PUBG). In order to restore dolby, perform the following steps:

1. Open task Manager and go to Details.
    2. Force closing these two Dolby services and then opening the Dolby App which restores the tray icon and the error also goes away. 

Don't forget to accept my answer if I was able to help you out!
    Just a tech enthusiast who tries to help other people : )

Acer Nitro AN515-52-593F ||Intel Core i5-8300H upto 4.00 GHz/GTX1050/8GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM/1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD+16B Intel Optane Memory||

Acer Support: https://support.acer.com/
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited October 2018
    Or you can follow what @MaxGamer said a little differently by disabling the startup service for Dolby then creating a task schdule to manually startup threapplication.. so you don't have to do the above manually everytime.
    - Hotel Hero