Acer Predator G9-593 buzzing noise coming from speakers under full load (With Video)

12345679»

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Very interesting...
    Not trying to be annoying just wondering that if a mobo replacement didnt fix what the heck it could be. Southbridge never get as hot as a northbridge. 
    And if NB was overheating there would be many more issues other then a whine to be noticed first.

My hardware curiosity is peaked.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Rares95
    Rares95 Member Posts: 120 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Well it appeared to fix it, but now it's returning with the same 'symptoms' as before... first the buzzing was coming from the coil whine. Now it seems to have transferred to the speakers. I have no idea under what circumstances this could happen but it is what it is.
  • Red-Sand
    edited August 2018
    Interesting.
    I did read back a bit and noticed one guy said the whine is removed when unplugged the speaker connection next to where the battery connects to the mobo.

Could be leakage from the battery.

Have you disconnected the battery and tested for whine?
    - Hotel Hero
  • Rares95
    No I haven't. Once it gets worse I will do that...though not comfortable doing so as in heavy loads the laptop taps into the battery's power.
  • Phoenix1966
    Phoenix1966 Member Posts: 71 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Rares95 said:
    The noise is returning to the speakers back again...I heard my speaker do it. I thought it was the coil whine but it was coming from the right speaker...AGAIN
    Sorry to hear this. I was hoping we were all past it with one run of defective mobos.
  • Red-Sand
    Rares95 said:
    No I haven't. Once it gets worse I will do that...though not comfortable doing so as in heavy loads the laptop taps into the battery's power.
    Strange, my G9-793 doesnt tap into battery power on full load.

I do know there is a trickle discharge which is normal for any laptop to about 95% which then recharges slowly.

Overall it should run perfectly fine without the battery plugged in.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi Rares95,

I'm very sorry for all the inconvenience cause, it has being brought to our attention and a fix has been found to address this issue. Please contact your local Acer support center to set up the unit for repair:         

https://www.acer.com/ac/da/DK/content/service-contact

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

• Rares95
    I will contact ACER in September, after I move out and uni starts...kind of unfortunate though with the downtime.

Is it something that can be fixed by opening up the laptop? Or does it require a replacement?
  • touchnova
    touchnova Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Possibly unrelated, but felt I should share it with others here who have also had the motherboard replaced in their devices...I arrived home today after being away for part of the morning to discover my laptop unresponsive.  Worked fine earlier in the morning.  Holding in the power button does not force-shut down the device, only way to turn it off was to unplug and do a battery reset.  Powering on the device illuminates the power button, charge indicator light (if plugged in) and the system power indicator light...but laptop is otherwise unresponsive.  No screen activity, keyboard lighting, hard drive, fans...nothing.  Completely dead other than the 3 lights I mentioned.  Case ID established, will update here if it's related to the motherboard.
  • jake_angelson
    jake_angelson Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Hi i have the same problem with my G9-593 (1070) and i agreed with Rares95 for all he noticed regarding with our buzzing problem.

Mine is starting to make noise when my laptop is on load but sometimes even when only browsing the net, and may solution is to max the fan, after the noise is gone i switch the fan back to normal again. Yes, i think there is a problem with MB (overheating something? idk) temps of my laptop is reasonably good both cpu and gpu under load.

Like Acer-Manny said "and a fix has been found to address this issue", what Acer found out? what is the solution? is there any other way except to replace the MB? not all of us is still under warranty (like me) and i don't want to spend more money for replacement of the MB because this is the only problem of my laptop. I am really hoping there is another way to fix this.

P.S. sorry for my english not my native language.

Thanks 
  • touchnova
    touchnova Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Jake, sorry to hear you're experiencing the dreaded buzz.  From the group's experience, I believe the only true remedy is to replace the motherboard, and even then at least one person has had the buzz return (likely due to an older, faulty motherboard being used as a replacement).  When Acer-Manny says a fix has been found, I think he's either referring to motherboard replacement or a change in the motherboard construction that prevents the issue moving forward. But suggestions like unplugging the speakers on your device do not fix the issue, they only hide it.  Predator devices usually have a 2-year warranty in most countries, which differs from ACER's non-Predator devices, which is 1-year.  Contact ACER directly to make sure your warranty has ended, and if it has, ask them about costs.  To be perfectly honest, this is clearly a design/manufacturing flaw with this model of laptop and the ACER should really own up to this by offering motherboard replacement even after a warranty has ended...which is something you might even bring up with the representative you speak to.  For the cost of this device...IT SHOULD WORK.  This issue has destroyed my trust with the company moving forward, and now that my laptop is experiencing additional issues, well...I'm less than pleased.  Good luck with your device, keep us posted on how things develop for you.

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited August 2018 Answer ✓
    Hi jake_angelson - please check your PM for more information.

We would like to apologize again to all users who are experiencing the reported issue with their Acer Predator G9-593 or G9-793. The resolution is to have the unit sent to an authorized Acer repair facility.  

We will be closing this thread with this post as the official solution. If you have an Predator G9-593 or G9-793 and are experiencing this issue, please contact your local support line https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ select the country you are in and click on the support tab, on the left hand side you will find and option “contact support”.

Best Regards,

Acer-Manny

This discussion has been closed.