How to reflash Acer Aspire 4752G

zenki091991
zenki091991 Member Posts: 10 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have problem on my 4752G, since I click windows update and restart (im using windows 10 64bit) I wait for almost 2 hours to update, then after the windows being updated and reboot, my BIOS was freeze at 75% and not proceding to OS, i try to press F2 and F12 nothing happens, i read many articles it might be the BIOS problem so I download the BIOS at acer website with right model, and here are the files i downloaded,

under DOS folder:
ACERACDC.EXE
Efildr16
Flash.BAT
JE40124.ROM
JE40124.WPH
KBC.EXE
Pflash.EXE

Id notice theres no .FD file inside DOS folder i thought that file is to flash BIOS, i tried to copy all files from DOS folder direct to 8GB bootable flashdrive FAT32 and try to flash, after hold Fn+Esc then plug AC adapter then press power button after 3 seconds i release Fn,+Esc, my flash drive blink for 15 seconds then stop and flashing is not proceed, i try for several times but same result, im thinking about .FD file may proceed the flashing BIOS. where i can find the FD file.

someone help me thanks in advance...

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The problem is in identifying the correct name for BIOS1.WPH! If we find this, just put on the pendrive that it should read the file!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• What version of bios was installed and for which version did you upgrade?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • zenki091991
    I dont have idea what version of BIOS was installed on my laptop icant view either even i want to check because of my laptop status, but the version of BIOS i downloaded was version 1.24 i thought thats the latest version for my model, ive been using my laptop for almost 3 years.
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited August 2018
    Do you know if your notebook had nvidia video card? If so, then the version of your bios is 2.xx!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zenki091991
    Yes it has its GTX 520. So that means the one i downloaded is lower version? 
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited August 2018
    First I would like to tell you that I do not take any responsibility for any damage! I am here to help!
    1) Download and extract bios 2.19 to the desktop!

2) Download the winrar program and extract the file JE40HR219!

3 Run the JE219 file on another computer and leave the "please connect battery" screen! Do not click ok yet!

4) Select windows to display hidden: Go to the folder C: \ Users \ your current user name \ AppData \ Local \ Temp and copy the winflash folder to the desktop!

5) Rename the file BIOS1.wph to XXXXXXX.FD! If it does not go with this file, I renamed FvRecovery.fd to XXXXXXX.FD and test it! Can not put the two together on the pendrive!

6) Connect the pendrive to the notebook and open the cmd as administrator and type: diskpart, list disk, sel disk x, clean, convert mbr, format fs = fat32 quick, assign e active!

7) Copy only the XXXXXXX.FD to the pendrive!

8) Turn off the notebook; unplug it from the electrical outlet; disconnect any peripherals from the usb's ports and disconnect the battery from lithium!

9) Press the power button for 30 seconds!
    10) Connect the pendrive; press the fn + esc keys and with them still pressed, connect the notebook to the electric power and press the power button (the battery must be disconnected); When you hear the cooler release the keys!
    11) You should hear the cooler running and the flash drive should start blinking; usually lasts about five minutes; do not turn it off at all unless you spend a lot of time, which means the procedure did not work!
    Note: I do not take any responsibility for any damage and do it at your own risk!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zenki091991
    Yeah i understand the risk and im aware at any damage may come, its ok to me what will be the result, and im very thankfull to your immediate response and effort these very helpful to me, and addition knowledge for me.

By the way do have a link where i can download the 2.19 version of BIOS?
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Let me know if the procedure worked!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zenki091991
    another question is it necessary to rename the .FD file? i read some articles that you need to rename it and some says you don't need to rename it before flashing, i was confusing regarding these.
  • According to the service guide you need to rename the bios file to XXXXXXX.FD!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Did it work?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zenki091991
    Same result the flash drive just blink for 15 sec then stop then not to proceed.
  • Do you have any desktop with windows 7? I am asking this because you can use wincrisis from this link to find out the real name of bios! http://bios-mods.com/tools/Phoenix Crisis Tool/wincrisis.1.0.0.4.zip

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zenki091991
    Yes i can borrow from my friend using his laptop windows 7, by the way what is wincrisis for?
  • zenki091991
    I think the only way to flash is using wph file. 
  • Please try with this file and change to XXXXXXX.FD!

1.png 107.1K

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zenki091991
    i tried also rename that FvRecovery.fd file into XXXXXXX.FD but also not working same result, just blinking 5-6 times for 15 seconds then stop. maybe we can try the wincrisis, but not familiar for me...
  • You can try using the normal name BIOS1.WPH and then try with the name BIOS.WPH! See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNZwQzE7nIg

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zenki091991
    i works... Thank you so much to your time and effort to help me...
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    The problem is in identifying the correct name for BIOS1.WPH! If we find this, just put on the pendrive that it should read the file!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

This discussion has been closed.