i7 - 8750h helios 300 overheating

Yoken
Yoken Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
i just got this beauty 3 days ago and the only problem i got is the temp hitting 90~92C while gaming ... is there a method to keep the temp down while gaming ??
(iam new in tech stuff so easy on me :)  )

Answers

• lilenday
    lilenday Member Posts: 24 Networker
    Check out my thread I just made today https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/549707/helios-500-cpu-temperature#latest

Basically all I did was undervolt the CPU (theres a video made by @Red-Sand to show you how to do it in the post) and optimize my laptop for win 10 (he also made video for this).

• Yoken
    Yoken Member Posts: 2 New User
    i saw the post but the problem is idk which prog is that or how to use it ... and iam actually afraid to do something and it goes wrong :(

• Skree
    Skree Member Posts: 97 Fixer WiFi Icon
    The most important thing (the only thing) that you must avoid is overvolting instead of undervolting.

That is, be extremely cautious when setting the software and check that you put a negative value, not a positive one.

Some time ago a chap came, asked for help, then posted a screenshot saying nothing was working.... and in the screenshot he overvolted his CPU by 125. Never heard from him after.

Yes, i know, it seems scary, but really... if you follow the instructions the risk is next to zero, the worst that can happen is that your computer reboots.

If, however, you want a totally safe approach, do this:

-Activate V-Sync
    -Open Geforce experience and activate whisper mode in the settings
    -Then go to the game configuration in geforce experience and let geforce experience autoconfigure your game.

You will have much lower temperatures at absolutely zero risk.

This said... undervolting is safe, but it is your choice. The solutions i gave you below v-sync are completely, totally, 100% safe, nothing can go wrong with them.