Line down the middle, overlapping image

1234568»

Answers

• EAX
    EAX Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited August 2018
    So i just took a photo of that:

https://imgur.com/a/9Uxxe9D

Its connected via DP, 2nd Screen is a TV (60Hz) via HDMI - also forgot to mention that it might also happen while playing games in windowed fullscreen mode, but i dont know why and when, most likely been AFK and when i came back i had the line, even when standby is turned off because of that reason.
    Also it might appear if i just turn off my screen manually, when im watching a movie on the TV and after that turn back on my XB272

Ive been able to fix the issue when turning the screen off and on again, just did it right now and it disappeared... >.<
  • Kexzon
    Kexzon Member Posts: 1 New User
    EAX said:
    also forgot to mention that it might also happen while playing games in windowed fullscreen mode
    Im playing PUBG in Full screen mode still got the problem. :/ In my opinion, the problem for the monitor is when u switching the resoluion too much. Im playing PUBG in Full HD (1920x1080) And my desktop is in 2k (2560x1440). So when im alt tabing my screen have to change back to 2k from full hd, and when i go back to the game from 2k to full hd. And MAYBE.... This is the thing with youtube videos when u watch them full screen and the video doesnt support 2k. So guys my opinion the resolution change make this problem. But thats all my opinion maybe im totaly wrong :D
  • Cerilia
    Cerilia Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Have you noticed ACER have now given up on advising sending units back, because its clear they cant fix it!
  • VarHyid
    VarHyid Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Kexzon said:
    So guys my opinion the resolution change make this problem. But thats all my opinion maybe im totaly wrong :D
    You are wrong... but not entirely. It's not specifically the resolution change, but the change between desktop and a game in exclusive full-screen mode. It happened to me once when I was playing a game and also wanted to check things on a map on some website. At that time I was constantly Alt-Tabbing back and forth and one time it happened, but I was playing at the same (native) resolution so it doesn't just happen when you change resolutions.
  • despe
    despe Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the same problem that op described.
    Recently I had to set the screen on 60 Hz because Assassin's Creed 3 does not like the 144 Hz. I did not notice immediately but after several tests, this trouble only occurs if the screen frequency is set on 144 Hz. So basically, I bought a high-end screen but I cannot use to its full potential without issues.

I know it was a bad idea to give that much money to Acer... Never again!
  • VarHyid
    VarHyid Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    despe said:
    (...) after several tests, this trouble only occurs if the screen frequency is set on 144 Hz.
    Not really. I'm always using 120Hz and it can occur there too. Now, I can't say for sure whether it does happen at 60Hz or not (haven't tested it), but it's surely not exclusive to 144Hz.
  • Riddick
    Riddick Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same Issue - Right hand side. Does not happen often but is random. Has even been there at boot. All fixes apply, changing res then changing back again, turning off monitor then back again, or reboot. I`ve also noticed a problem with gysnc ( when set globally) not reactivating sometimes if you set a fixed refresh rate for a certain game in the nvidia control panel, when after exiting game the monitor stays a fixed refresh instead of reverting back to gsync forcing you to turn off gsync then back on again.This problem can be solved by doing things the other way round which is how i have mine set up. Fixed refresh rate is set to global & i only use gysnc for the games i want to use via the NVCP , doing it this way always reverts back the fixed refresh when exiting the game. I`ve had this monitor about 8 weeks now, it come with one dead pixel & some bleed ( & of course this screen corruption bug). I was going to ask for a replacement from amazon, & they offered me a discount. I had already signed up to the free prime trial to get this monitor at a prime members price for 449 pound, then amazon offered me 30 percent discount taking it to 307 pound. I accepted this as i thought this was a great deal despite the tiny dead pixel which i dont notice now. Reading all the stories about people who keep sending their monitors back only to get one worse, i think i made the right decision. There is no doubt that these monitors are great, awesome. But,...The QA on these is well......Shocking.
  • Cerilia
    ***** at that price thats a great deal....walk away and smile.
  • despe
    despe Member Posts: 2 New User
    VarHyid said:
    despe said:
    (...) after several tests, this trouble only occurs if the screen frequency is set on 144 Hz.
    Not really. I'm always using 120Hz and it can occur there too. Now, I can't say for sure whether it does happen at 60Hz or not (haven't tested it), but it's surely not exclusive to 144Hz.
    Yes sure, what I meant is that above 60 Hz, the issue may occur. This is an assumption. Would be good to know it this happens at 60 Hz for someone.

• flang
    flang Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited August 2018
    Is Acer still even working on this problem? The last post from them was more than a month ago. There is still no solid information on what is causing the problem. And if we need to send the monitor to a repair center to fix it, we still don't know what to tell them so they know what needs fixing.

So far the only explanation seems to be that it is some kind of firmware problem, but the suggested fix involves installing an *older* firmware than what we currently have installed.
  • Legacy
    Legacy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Just experience this Same issue but in the exact center of my screen and the missing line goes to the right side of my montior. I have only had this monitor for a month and this seems like a really weird issue. 

Anyway the turning off and back on seems to work. 

• Alex_F1304
    Alex_F1304 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Dear Acer,

In which monitor revision is this problem fixed? Do you really care about your customers? 
  • Cerilia
    edited August 2018
    Its not fixed in any revision.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓

Hi all,

We would like to apologize again to all users who are experiencing the reported issue with their monitor.  The issue is caused by the G-Sync firmware, and impacts monitors from a variety of manufacturers. The resolution is to have the monitor updated to the latest G-Sync firmware at an authorized Acer repair facility.  The issue should be resolved for firmware versions 160613 and newer. Even with the newly applied firmware, there are rare and isolated instances where you may encounter the issue. If you do, we suggest turning your monitor off, then back on.

You can verify your monitor firmware version by entering factory mode. You should be very careful not to change any setting when in factory mode. Use the steps below to check your firmware version.

1.    With the monitor turned off, press the Game mode key and power button.

2.    After 1 second the monitor will enter factor mode

3.    Locate the line for firmware and verify you have at least firmware 160613 or newer.

4.    Press the Menu button or select Factory Reset to exit factory mode.

We will be closing this thread with this post as the official solution. If you have an XB271HU monitor that has firmware version 170904 or newer, and are still experiencing this issue frequently, we encourage you to send us a private message, so we can better assist you and investigate further. If you have a monitor model other than XB271HU, please create a new topic with the model number, first 10 digits of the serial number, a detailed explanation and specifications of the unit you have the monitor connected to, the settings being used and we will gladly discuss the issues you may be experiencing.

Best Regards,

Acer-Manny 

This discussion has been closed.