Acer Predator constantly losing Bluetooth - Disappointing!!!

S1
S1 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi All,

Got my Acer Predator a few months ago and 4 times Bluetooth has failed and then managed to remove itself driver and all from device manager. This is incredibly annoying as each time I have to restore the machine. Why is this relatively expensive new laptop doing this? I have a cheap little notebook from 2015 that has never ever done this. How is this bug happening and please can  someone tell me how to resolve this buggy laptop? I have other minor issues / bugs that I can live with but this Bluetooth issue is the last straw. Is there a one shot fix for this?

Please help!

S1

Comments

• Hello! Good evening! Can you inform the model of the notebook and also the bluetooth board? Have you tried upgrading the bluetooth driver? hit a photo of the device manager so I can see the model of the bluetooth board!
    See if this works: go to the device manager, click the bluetooth driver, uninstall and then delete the driver until you are only the default windows driver! Make sure that the problem is solved with the generic driver! If it is resolved, leave it as it is, it seems that the new version of windows 10 (1803) is compatibility problems with some hardware! If the problem persists, let us know!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • S1
    edited August 2018
    Hello! Good evening! Can you inform the model of the notebook and also the bluetooth board? Have you tried upgrading the bluetooth driver? hit a photo of the device manager so I can see the model of the bluetooth board!
    See if this works: go to the device manager, click the bluetooth driver, uninstall and then delete the driver until you are only the default windows driver! Make sure that the problem is solved with the generic driver! If it is resolved, leave it as it is, it seems that the new version of windows 10 (1803) is compatibility problems with some hardware! If the problem persists, let us know!

Hi there,

Its a Predator Helios 300 (G3-572). Sorry perhaps I was not clear in my explanation. The Bluetooth driver no longer shows at all in the Device Manager. Its gone again! It is no longer there to uninstall / install. I know restoring the machine will get the Bluetooth back but that's an unacceptable way to resolve this again and again.

Are you suggesting this is caused by Windows 10? This wouldn't surprise me at all.

Thanks,

S1
  • Make sure the driver is hidden:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • S1
    Make sure the driver is hidden:

Hi there,

Ok thank you. It shows when I reveal hidden devices. Here is what it looks like:

Is something missing from this arrangement? Notice how the Bluetooth icons are light blue?

Thanks for help,

S1
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018
    Right click on the driver, properties and in general show me the error!  To hit a picture, you do not need to use the cell phone, just press the prtsc (print screen) key of the keyboard and paste the image on the paint and save!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• S1
    Right click on the driver, properties and in general show me the error!  To hit a picture, you do not need to use the cell phone, just press the prtsc (print screen) key of the keyboard and paste the image on the paint and save!

Hi,

I am using screenshot method you mentioned? I'm not using a cellphone. Here is the next screenshot:

Thanks.

S1
  • Code 45 refers to the disconnected device! Did you even open the notebook? Does wifi work normally? The wifi card is who distributes the wireless and bluetooth signal!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• S1
    Code 45 refers to the disconnected device! Did you even open the notebook? Does wifi work normally? The wifi card is who distributes the wireless and bluetooth signal!
    Hi,

The Laptop is normally in the lid closed position. I have it connected to an external monitor which I use as the display every day. The lid is closed always except when I have to turn on the laptop occasionally. I have no issues with Wifi.

I have googled the error code and found no permanent fix. Is this being caused by Windows OS?

Thanks,

S1
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018

It may be a problem with the operating system itself!

Do the following: press windows + r and type msconfig; select the normal startup option (load all device drivers and services) and see if after reboot the bluetooth driver is found in the device manager!

You can also check if there are any newer drivers available using windows update or driverbooster! Make sure the driverbooster finds a newer driver for bluetooth!

What I meant by opening the notebook, is if you came to disassemble the notebook to add some new hardware! If you know how to disassemble the notebook, if you are no longer under warranty, you can check if the wifi card is misfed in the slot!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Try this as it is in the video, using the driver of your bluetooth card: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me_A5-G0pcs

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• S1

It may be a problem with the operating system itself!

Do the following: press windows + r and type msconfig; select the normal startup option (load all device drivers and services) and see if after reboot the bluetooth driver is found in the device manager!

You can also check if there are any newer drivers available using windows update or driverbooster! Make sure the driverbooster finds a newer driver for bluetooth!

What I meant by opening the notebook, is if you came to disassemble the notebook to add some new hardware! If you know how to disassemble the notebook, if you are no longer under warranty, you can check if the wifi card is misfed in the slot!

Hi again,

I tried the steps you recommended with misconfig and reboot type and this has fixed the Bluetooth issue for now so I thank you for this. However I suspect the Bluetooth will disappear again as it has done before. I have not opened the laptop in any way to add new hardware. I simply would not have the knowledge to even attempt this.

I'm wondering why it keeps removing itself. I have made sure the drivers are up to date and they are according to windows check. What is driverbooster?

Thanks again,

S1
  • Is bluetooth still missing the connection or not? I did not understand what you said when you said "I'm wondering why it keeps removing itself"! Are the drivers being removed automatically or is the bluetooth still shown as disconnected in the device manager?
    The driverbooster is a program that updates the notebook drivers! I would only use it if bluetooth is still disconnecting!
    You also try to solve the problem by watching the video I posted!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer