why my acer aspire A515-51g-5072 booting time is very slow and also performance is not worst.

Akashsingh01
Akashsingh01 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
it takes more than 2 minutes to start and mutitasking performance is very bad . it is equipped with 8th gen i 5 processor but feels like I'm using p4 computer. 

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Try enabling fast boot and/or disabling file indexing. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Akashsingh01
    edited August 2018 Answer ✓
    i tried every possible thing but didn't experience any performance changes. two of my friend have same model they are also having same problem.

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Try enabling fast boot and/or disabling file indexing. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Akashsingh01
    edited August 2018 Answer ✓
    i tried every possible thing but didn't experience any performance changes. two of my friend have same model they are also having same problem.
  • JackE
    Then try uninstalling, not just disabling, any non-Microsoft anti-malware or anti-virus scanners that may be running at startup and during your session. Windows defender should be all that's needed. Jack /NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AceFan
    AceFan Member Posts: 40 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I have a slightly different system. However mine has the same A515-51 body. So I totally understand your frustration with the slowness.

A lot of solutions are tinkering around the edges. I don't think you have an SSD. The HDD hard drive is the biggest bottleneck and slowing down everything. I installed an M.2 drive which is now running WIndows and programs and the difference is night and day. It was slow as molasses with the HDD. Now I'm running WIndows and programs on the M.2 and now my system is extremely fast.