Acer Aspire A515-51G-C97B slot m.2 nvme compatible?

Herleyson
Herleyson Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Gostaria de saber se o modelo  Aspire A515-51G-C97B é compatível com o ssd nvme ou devo comprar um ssd 2280?

I want to know if the Aspire A515-51G-C97B is compatible with ssd nvme or should I buy a ssd 2280?

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,329 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Should be compatible but will only work at SATA3 speeds. Don't pay a premium for the nVME. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AceFan
    AceFan Member Posts: 40 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    I have an Acer A515-51-563W which is slightly different where your processor is better than mine but the body is the same. I got an NVME because there was a sale. The performance running Windows and programs on the HDD vs the M.2 is night and day. It was super slow with the HDD and super fast with the M.2.

But as JackE said the price is usually better with an M.2 SATA. For most things you run you woouldn't notice a difference between an M.2 SATA vs an M.2 NVME.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,329 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Should be compatible but will only work at SATA3 speeds. Don't pay a premium for the nVME. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AceFan
    AceFan Member Posts: 40 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    I have an Acer A515-51-563W which is slightly different where your processor is better than mine but the body is the same. I got an NVME because there was a sale. The performance running Windows and programs on the HDD vs the M.2 is night and day. It was super slow with the HDD and super fast with the M.2.

But as JackE said the price is usually better with an M.2 SATA. For most things you run you woouldn't notice a difference between an M.2 SATA vs an M.2 NVME.
  • Herleyson
    Herleyson Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thank you, it was very helpful.