Keyboard not work after cleaning fan (only CAPS LOCK, SHIFT, TAB, A, ESC, `, and 1) - ASPIRE V3-471G

ghoys
ghoys Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hey, all. I Have clean my fan in my aspire v3-471g. And complete the setup to turn on laptop. When I first boot, the only "A" isn't work at all, even when i in bios setup. I disassembly again to check the keyboard. now the esc, tab, capslock, shift, A and other left-top key doesn't work.
But i dont want to change the keyboard after I see the different between i assemble all the case of laptop and when the laptop is disassemble (only keyboard connected to motherboard).
When its in disassemble, my righ-arrow key, and Q key isn't work. but when i assemble all the case, right-arrow key, and Q key is working again.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018 Answer ✓
    Try the following: Remove the lithium battery and press the power button for thirty seconds and turn on the notebook to test!
    If it still does not work, remove the lithium battery, open the notebook, and unplug the keyboard and mouse from the motherboard! Then disconnect the rtc battery and press the power button for thirty seconds! Then plug in the rtc, keyboard, and mouse connectors!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Is the keyboard cable connected correctly? Is there any damaged ribbon cable track?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ghoys
    I Have check the bracket screw. And some screw is missing. I have move some of screw. and thats isn't problem. btw, my touchpad is not working when i disable nvidia graphics. where the problem? i need to fix this. please your help.
  • Do the following: Go to Device Manager and check if there are any drivers with problems! Then delete the keyboard and mouse driver, reboot and test! If it doesn't work, check in the BIOS if there is a Touchpad option and put in or advanced or basic! Check for a special key option and change the key to the function key and vice versa!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ghoys
    my keyboard still not working! maybe the problem is in motherboard.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018 Answer ✓
    Try the following: Remove the lithium battery and press the power button for thirty seconds and turn on the notebook to test!
    If it still does not work, remove the lithium battery, open the notebook, and unplug the keyboard and mouse from the motherboard! Then disconnect the rtc battery and press the power button for thirty seconds! Then plug in the rtc, keyboard, and mouse connectors!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ghoys
    I really don't understand. I try to install Standard PS/2 101/102 Keyboard, and my all the key is working perfect unless the shift key, but in the bios my esc, `,  a, caps lock, and shift key isn't work. this is the bios problem.
    and I don't know to remove the battery.
  • Just disconnect the motherboard wire!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• I think this is no problem on the bios, but rather on the keyboard ribbon cable! However you can upgrade the bios of the notebook, but it will be at your own risk, because in case something goes wrong, your notebook will turn a brick: https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/support-product/4075?b=1

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ghoys
    edited August 2018
    Ok! my keyboard now working again! I disconnect the wire of rtc battery, and i have wait for some hours then press and hold power button for 30 seconds, after that but some keys still doesnt work. I try install and remove the keyboard driver with other driver like 101/102, acer ergon, and HID Keyboard driver several times from device manager, then shift key work. I flash bios with the same version, and reset all configuration to default then reboot, but still same. I have frustating, and just working with the usb mouse in adobe illustrator. But, after some minutes, A keys, and all other keys is work perfectly! Thanks acer forum!
  • What is the version of bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ghoys
    My old bios version is 2.18 unlocked version, now i use the official build 2.18 with uefi support.
  • Is the keyboard working properly now?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ghoys
    My keyboard still working. But somtimes its not working again. Its called randomly work.