Acer Aspire E5-476G underclocked when plugged-in

_Ro_
_Ro_ Member Posts: 10 New User
Max CPU speed stuck at 0.80Ghz when charging and playing games.
Power option on high performance
BIOS is on latest version
All drivers is on latest version
Windows 10-64bit

I have a short fix for this issue, but only last for 2 days, unparking all CPU seems to be working but after 2 days I have to park and unpark it again and it's annoying since it took me 30 minutes to do this.

Answers

• Go in the power options and in high performance, in the state of minimum performance put in 100% and state of maximum performance put in also in 100%! You should check if epower manager or acer quick access is making this change automatically because they change the power options!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • _Ro_
    Go in the power options and in high performance, in the state of minimum performance put in 100% and state of maximum performance put in also in 100%! You should check if epower manager or acer quick access is making this change automatically because they change the power options!
    My minimum performance is already at 100%
    And acer setting is on maximum performance
  • And the battery is also set to 100%? Is there any program like epower management installed?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • _Ro_
    And the battery is also set to 100%?
    Yes
     Is there any program like epower management installed?
    Yes, i have epower management 3.0.3015 installed

• He may be making this change in power options!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• _Ro_
    He may be making this change in power options!
    I'm not sure that's the main reason.
    I can't launch ePower Management (Acer ePower Management has stopped working) and I just uninstall it but the problem is still here
  • Make sure that enabling the Maximum Performance option remains the problem! Go to powershell as administrator and paste this code powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
    Then go to the power options and select maximum performance!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• _Ro_
    Sorry for delayed response, I will try your suggestion tomorrow and give you the result, busy rn.
  • _Ro_
    Make sure that enabling the Maximum Performance option remains the problem! Go to powershell as administrator and paste this code powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
    Then go to the power options and select maximum performance!
    I ran the code and select Ultimate performance, CPU speed still on 0.80GHZ when gaming.
  • Are you playing using the battery? Put in maximum performance mode and processor power management on battery, put in 100% minimum and maximum!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• _Ro_
    Are you playing using the battery?
    Performance only drop when playing while charging

• OK! Still in the power options, go in the configurations of intel and nvidia video cards and put in maximum performance!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• _Ro_
    Already on maximum performance by default.
    Intel graphic control panel setting on maximum performance .
    Nvidia control panel on prefer maximum performance.
  • Make sure that by turning off some unnecessary services the problem continues! press windows + r and type msconfig, go to services, hide microsoft services and disable all and see if the problem remains! If it does not remain, go enabling one service at a time until you identify which service is causing the performance problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• _Ro_
    Make sure that by turning off some unnecessary services the problem continues! press windows + r and type msconfig, go to services, hide microsoft services and disable all and see if the problem remains! If it does not remain, go enabling one service at a time until you identify which service is causing the performance problem!

No unnecessary/suspecious services in background.

• Make sure the intel turbo boost is enabled!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• _Ro_
    Make sure the intel turbo boost is enabled!
    Turbo boost is enabled by default but it seems to be disabled when gaming and charging at the same time.
  • What is the version of your bios?
    Make sure the intel turbo booster is active in msconfig, services, hide microsoft services and activate it!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• santax
    santax Member Posts: 1 New User
    En mi caso (Acer Aspire 5), no me aparece la opción de "modo de alto rendimiento". Sólo está "equilibrado" y "Acer", estoy probando de todo pero el modo de energía viene muy limitado para ser cambiado
  • Digite seu comentário
    santax said:
    En mi caso (Acer Aspire 5), no me aparece la opción de "modo de alto rendimiento". Sólo está "equilibrado" y "Acer", estoy probando de todo pero el modo de energía viene muy limitado para ser cambiado
    I suggest you create a new topic.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer