NitroSense installed in predator helios 300

nilayoza97
nilayoza97 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I ordered predator helios 300 online, got the hardware of predator helios 300 but in the software it's showing nitro 515-52 and also NitroSense was pre-installed

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Both Predator Sense and Nitro Sense look like the same app with different skins.

(Screenshot from acer site: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/series-features/nitro5)

My laptop

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • nilayoza97

Tinkerer

In the settings the  product name is also Nitro AN515-52. Although the specifications given are of predator helios 300. Should I get a replacement or is the product exactly the same?
  • sri369
    @nilayoza97

A few pictures of laptop might be of better help to us :-)
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • nilayoza97

Tinkerer

please check the device specifications where Nitro AN515-52 is mentioned
  • HK1994
    HK1994 Member Posts: 43 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Maybe wrong software loaded into the right HW perhaps?
    You should either contact Acer support or reinstall Windows to see of it persists.
  • sri369
    edited July 2018
    HK1994 said:
    Maybe wrong software loaded into the right HW perhaps?
    You should either contact Acer support or reinstall Windows to see of it persists.
    If everything is working as intended... let it be as it is. Don't breaks something that's not broken just cos the name is different.
    Scratch that... I installed Nitro Sense on my laptop and noticed it does not allow for overclocking the GPU that Predator Sense allows for. Except for this one, rest of the options are pretty much the same as Predator Sense.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • nilayoza97

Tinkerer

The system information showed correct name and model of the laptop.(win+R ->msinfo32).I also checked through command prompt -> systeminfo. So I guess some naming mistake in device specifications window. I uninstalled NitroSense and installed PredatorSense. So everything is perfect now. Thanks for the help.
  • Nitesh13
    Nitesh13 Member Posts: 4 New User
    @nilayoza97 im also facing same issue . you just installed predator sense and everything ok now?  does the model changed to predator ? Did you tried reinstalling windows or anyupdates ? 
  • nilayoza97

Tinkerer

I did not reinstall windows. Only checked the system configurations from a different window. There it is showing proper name and specifications. I have mentioned the steps to check it from command prompt as well. Run the commands mentioned in my previous answer and check whether it's showing correctly or not. 
    Also if the predator logo is displayed at the system boot then it's proper. That's what the Acer service person said
  • Nitesh13
    Nitesh13 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Yes followed your procedure and its showing correct model in cmd prompt . also predator logo is displayed on boot. can you tell me whats your model no. ??
    mine is PH315-51-51V7
    Also can i install another windows 10  and check if it shows correct model in system configuration ? 
  • nilayoza97

Tinkerer

Yes. Even mine is the same. I don't think there is any need for that. But you can reinstall windows. Take some professional help if you want.
  • Hims
    Hims Member Posts: 1 New User
    The model name is showing Nitro AN515-52 so should I go for return or use the same? 
  • Skany40
    Skany40 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited August 2018
    hello i am facing similar issue ..what's the best solution???????and whats the reason for this??
  • FlyingGunner
    FlyingGunner Member Posts: 5 New User
    I ordered predator helios 300 online, got the hardware of predator helios 300 but in the software it's showing nitro 515-52 and also NitroSense was pre-installed
    i am also facing a similar situation.pls need ur help.this is the second time im at disaster.first flipkart send a damaged product and now the send a predator with  nitro inside