Entering to the BIOS on Acer ASPIRE 3 ( A315-41-R6VQ )

ceed
ceed Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello!
This is my second post on this forum. Yesterday i make first post, but it looks that it's  just gone ( after moderation? i guess). I wonder-why?! 
But let's get back to business. So i have Acer ASPIRE 3 ( A315-41-R6VQ ) and in W10 i noticed , that only 512 Mb of RAM is dedicated to VEGA 8 graphics ( must be up to 2 GB of RAM, in Desktop PC at least ) . So i thought, that i need to go to the BIOS and make some adjustments in there. But F2 button didn't helped at all, i pressed so may times during startup and no result. So the question is- is there any other way how to enter to the BIOS of laptop? Or is there any other way how to change amount of RAM dedicated to VEGA 8 graphics?

Thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    I don't think you can change settings for the dedicated graphics, your system will use up to 2GB when needed, as for the adjusting it in BIOS, there are no Advanced settings available in BIOS.
    If you want to enter BIOS in future, please follow the instructions here:https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/access-bios-windows-10
  • ceed
    Hello!
    Thanks for advice, i was able to check the BIOS at last with your guidance:) One more thing- in my laptop only 4 Gb of RAM ( in only slot)  is preinstalled...so if i'll switch that to 8 Gb of Ram, will it affect this amount of dedicated RAM for VEGA 8 ? ( from 512Mb to 1Gb let's say)  Or it's not necessary? 
  • brummyfan2
    Hi,
    No, it won't increase the memory allocated for graphics but will improve overall system performance, if your system needs more than allocated 512Mb for graphics, it will share more RAM from the system memory(up to 2GB) as and when needed.
  • ceed
    Do you suggest to update BIOS? i have version 1.06 and they have 1.08 on website, so i'm thinking- is that so necessary ? I have 

A315-41-R6VQ model , but they have it for A315-41. I guess, it's the same model, with just some hardware differencies?! 

• brummyfan2
    Hi,
    It's not necessary but it says it improves System performance , so if you like you can update the BIOS, please follow these steps to update BIOS.
    Go to Acer support site and download the BIOS file.
    1. Extract it to the Desktop.
    2. Disconnect all peripherals such as USB devices, printers etc, close all opened sites and programs, if you have any third party AV programs uninstall them.
    3. Make sure the battery is fully charged.
    4. Keep the AC adapter connected during the update.
    5. Choose a time when there won't be any power outage in your area.
    6. Once you start the update, don't touch any buttons or switch off the laptop, wait for it to complete the update and restart.
    7. Right click the .exe file in the extracted folder and select "Run As admin", follow the prompts on screen.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7540?b=1

• ceed
    Hi,
    It's not necessary but it says it improves System performance , so if you like you can update the BIOS, please follow these steps to update BIOS.
    Go to Acer support site and download the BIOS file.
    1. Extract it to the Desktop.
    2. Disconnect all peripherals such as USB devices, printers etc, close all opened sites and programs, if you have any third party AV programs uninstall them.
    3. Make sure the battery is fully charged.
    4. Keep the AC adapter connected during the update.
    5. Choose a time when there won't be any power outage in your area.
    6. Once you start the update, don't touch any buttons or switch off the laptop, wait for it to complete the update and restart.
    7. Right click the .exe file in the extracted folder and select "Run As admin", follow the prompts on screen.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7540?b=1

Ok, just finished BIOS update, looks like everything is fine. Thanks for assistance!:)