Acer Aspire E5-575-52JF m.2 nvme support

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    edited July 2018
    You may have problem fitting in as other model laptops did have problem, this is a new drive,not widely available and very little information available online, so it's better to get confirmation about the compatibility with the retailer.
    EDIT: I have found a link says that this drive is not compatible with notebooks because of the heatsink.
    https://www.eteknix.com/plextor-m8peg-256gb-m-2-nvme-ssd-heatsink-review/
  • antonio23495
    antonio23495 Member Posts: 8 New User
    thank you very much, it really helped your help

You are welcome :)

Hello again!
     thanks for your help the last time! really thank you.

abusing your kindness, could you help me with something else?

The problem is that I have ram memory of different speeds and I want to set this speed in the bios but 
    I can not access the advanced options with any of the key combinations like: f2 + a, f10 + a, f12 + a, esc + a, .. 
    etc as well as entering the normal bios and pressing tab + fn.

and the versions I have are these:
    insydeh20 rev 5.0. bios v 1.12

greetings from Mexico!

• brummyfan2
    thank you very much, it really helped your help

Hello again!
     thanks for your help the last time! really thank you.

abusing your kindness, could you help me with something else?

The problem is that I have ram memory of different speeds and I want to set this speed in the bios but 
    I can not access the advanced options with any of the key combinations like: f2 + a, f10 + a, f12 + a, esc + a, .. 
    etc as well as entering the normal bios and pressing tab + fn.

and the versions I have are these:
    insydeh20 rev 5.0. bios v 1.12

greetings from Mexico!

Hi,
    No, unfortunately you can not access Advanced settings in BIOS, only option available is to change the RAM module to match the speed of the other module.
  • antonio23495

Hi,
    No, unfortunately you can not access Advanced settings in BIOS, only option available is to change the RAM module to match the speed of the other module.

agree thank you very much friend, with respect to the m.2 nmve, know how to change the start prioritization, I want to keep windwos 10 both in the hdd and in the ssd m.2 but in the bios I already place until the number one to the m .2 for boot but it keeps booting up by default in the hdd thanks for everything encerio! You saved me
  • brummyfan2

Hi,

agree thank you very much friend, with respect to the m.2 nmve, know how to change the start prioritization, I want to keep windwos 10 both in the hdd and in the ssd m.2 but in the bios I already place until the number one to the m .2 for boot but it keeps booting up by default in the hdd thanks for everything encerio! You saved me
    Hi,
    Try taking out the HDD and booting only with the M.2 SSD, then insert the HDD but it's better to keep the OS in one drive only.
  • antonio23495
    Hi,
    Try taking out the HDD and booting only with the M.2 SSD, then insert the HDD but it's better to keep the OS in one drive only.
    Hello

If I tried too but it did not work, well I think I'll have to delete one, thank you very much! You came from heaven hahaha
  • hirara20701
    hirara20701 Member Posts: 6 New User
    edited July 2018
    Hi !
    I dont know what kind of m.2 ssd should I use for my laptop. 
    Newbie here Q_Q

I want to upgrade my laptop storage. I dont know if this laptop supports nvme and I dont know what size of m.2 supports this laptop :(.

Acer Aspire E15 E5-575G-78SN
    Intel Core i7-7500U 2.7GHz
    Nvidia 940mx 2GB GDDR5
    8GB RAM DDR4
    1TB

• brummyfan2
    Hi !
    Newbie here Q_Q

I want to upgrade my laptop storage. I dont know if this laptop supports nvme and I dont know what size of m.2 supports this laptop :(.

Nvidia 940mx 2GB GDDR5
    8GB RAM DDR4
    1TB

Hi,
    You can use a M.2 NVMe SSD or a M.2 SATA SSD, both are compatible in your laptop.
  • hirara20701
    hirara20701 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Hi !
    Newbie here Q_Q

Nvidia 940mx 2GB GDDR5
    8GB RAM DDR4
    1TB

Hi,
    You can use a M.2 NVMe SSD or a M.2 SATA SSD, both are compatible in your laptop.
    Thank you very much !!!!!
  • syntax101
    syntax101 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hello i bought a new Acer Laptop E5-576G, and attached is the screenshot of my hardware. is my Laptop compatible with NVMe M.2 SSD?
    please help about this before im going to buy an M.2 ssd.
    Thank you so much.
  • brummyfan2
    syntax101 said:
    Hello i bought a new Acer Laptop E5-576G, and attached is the screenshot of my hardware. is my Laptop compatible with NVMe M.2 SSD?
    please help about this before im going to buy an M.2 ssd.
    Thank you so much.
    Hi,
    Yes, you can use a NVMe SSD and it will work with 2lanes.
  • brummyfan2
    Hi !
    Newbie here Q_Q

Nvidia 940mx 2GB GDDR5
    8GB RAM DDR4
    1TB

Hi,
    Thank you very much !!!!!

• syntax101

Tinkerer

Hello @brummyfan2 i have founf it in the store.. is that okay?
  • syntax101

Tinkerer

How about this one? it has on the label above NVMe
    There is no Samsung 120GB here.. only 240 and 500gb very high in price.
  • brummyfan2
    syntax101 said:
    How about this one? it has on the label above NVMe
    There is no Samsung 120GB here.. only 240 and 500gb very high in price.
    Hi,
    Yes, in that case you can go ahead with the WD Green SATA M.2 SSD, I was only pointing out that it's not a NVMe SSD.
  • syntax101

Tinkerer

But the WD Green on the picture is that still compatible on my laptop? because that is more cheaper than XPG NVMe.
    Thanks
  • brummyfan2
    syntax101 said:
    But the WD Green on the picture is that still compatible on my laptop? because that is more cheaper than XPG NVMe.
    Thanks
    Hi,
    It's M.2 SATA SSD and slower than a NVMe SSD, you can install a M.2 SATA SSD or a M.2 NVMe SSD.
  • syntax101

Tinkerer

Ok thanks.. i will go for NVMe...
    Thank you very much.
This discussion has been closed.