Acer Predator Helios 300 G-571 Airplane Mode Toggle not working

osmanre263
osmanre263 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
When I attempt to turn on airplane mode using the Fn + F3 Keys, there is no response. I investigated further and tried to toggle airplane mode in settings, however the toggle is grayed out as shown in the picture. https://i.imgur.com/2a7IWKk.png

All the other function keys work perfectly fine so I assume its a windows 10 issue or driver issue? I did update my network card but to no avail. If there is nothing else I can do I will see if a factory reset does any thing. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Best Answer

• osmanre263
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for the suggestions but I finally decided to do a factory reset. As I suspected this solved the issue. Not sure why this was a problem, I assume it was something that was disabling airplane mode. This seems kind of overkill to solve a small annoyance but whatever. Thanks!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Could you please try the methods in this link:https://www.howto-connect.com/fix-airplane-mode-issues-in-windows-10/
    You don't have to do them all at once, try one method at a time and check, if that doesn't help, try the next method.
  • osmanre263
    Yes I've looked at that article beforehand and nothing helped. The physical toggle on the laptop should disable/enable the connectivity regardless since it's hardware. My toggle used to work which is why I am thinking a factory reset might be the solution. The F3 key works, just not the FN + F3
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi, I request to try this. Completely power down the machine. Start tapping the F2 button. Then, while still tapping the F2 button, press the power button to turn the machine back on. This should get you into the BIOS menu. Go to the MAIN dropdown to change the function key behavior. Then save and exit the setting. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• osmanre263
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for the suggestions but I finally decided to do a factory reset. As I suspected this solved the issue. Not sure why this was a problem, I assume it was something that was disabling airplane mode. This seems kind of overkill to solve a small annoyance but whatever. Thanks!