No USB device in Boot Menu on Acer Aspire 3 A315-31-P7GF.

Shahbx
Shahbx Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
I have recently bought Acer Aspire 3 A315-31-P7GF from Flipkart which is by default runs on Endless Os(linux). I want install Windows 10 but boot menu is not showing USB drive and I have tried by disabling secure boot but still same ? Please resolve this issue.

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Probably you should convert ssd or hd to gpt when installing windows 10! Press shift + f10 and type diskpart, list disk, sel disk x (x is the number of the hd and not of the pendrive); clean and convert gpt! Then close
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Shahbx

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    You can try the following:
    1) Download windows 10 from this site https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10! You must select the x64 option (only that works in uefi mode) and then select download in iso format!
    2) enter in the cmd as admin and enter these commands to program the pendrive to boot: diskpart, list disk, sel disk x (x is the number of pendrive), clean, convert gpt, create partition primary, format fs = fat32 quick and assign! "Give enter in each command"!
    3) Extract the iso x64 and paste the files on the pendrive!
    4) then enter the bios, disable the secureboot by creating a password in the setsupervisorpassword, select mode uefi and select the pendrive first at boot!
    There is no option to change UEFI or legacy and also no option select priority of boot device.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Can you hit a photo with that bios? First you have to configure the pendrive on another computer using cmd as administrator and typing those commands!
    It looks like it's already UEFI, you need to disable the secureboot! The pendrive with the commands I told you is already in the format recognized by uefi! Try the tip I told you to convert the pendrive into gpt!
    If it is not recognized in the bios, press f12 and select the pendrive!
    Only then, already inside the installation of windows 10 you convert ssd or hd!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Shahbx

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Can you hit a photo with that bios? First you have to configure the pendrive on another computer using cmd as administrator and typing those commands!
    It looks like it's already UEFI, you need to disable the secureboot! The pendrive with the commands I told you is already in the format recognized by uefi! Try the tip I told you to convert the pendrive into gpt!
    And it works! Thanks @egydiocoelho

• Shahbx

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Is the usb hdd converted to gpt format?
    Yes
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    It is possible that the hdd usb is not appearing in the boot menu (f12) because it does not contain the windows boot files! When installing windows 10 using the pendrive, make sure windows detects the hdd usb!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Will you use a USB stick or a USB HDD to install windows 10?
    In either case, convert before to gpt using cmd as administrator, as I told you before and download the iso from windows x64 (because only this version works in uefi mode)

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    You're welcome! Can you put the topic as resolved?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    @Shahbx

Have you tried changing the BOOT mode from UEFI to Legacy..? If not please try this.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Shahbx

Tinkerer

There is no option to change boot mode from UEFI to Legacy.
  • Shahbx

Tinkerer

Rudy21 said:
    @Shahbx

Have you tried changing the BOOT mode from UEFI to Legacy..? If not please try this.
    There is no option to change from UEFI to Legacy.
    There is no option to change boot mode from UEFI to Legacy.
  • Shahbx

Tinkerer

disabled the secure boot and usb device is connected to the laptop but you can see it's not showing.
  • You can try the following:
    1) Download windows 10 from this site https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10! You must select the x64 option (only that works in uefi mode) and then select download in iso format!
    2) enter in the cmd as admin and enter these commands to program the pendrive to boot: diskpart, list disk, sel disk x (x is the number of pendrive), clean, convert gpt, create partition primary, format fs = fat32 quick and assign! "Give enter in each command"!
    4) then enter the bios, disable the secureboot by creating a password in the setsupervisorpassword, select mode uefi and select the pendrive first at boot!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Probably you should convert ssd or hd to gpt when installing windows 10! Press shift + f10 and type diskpart, list disk, sel disk x (x is the number of the hd and not of the pendrive); clean and convert gpt! Then close

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Shahbx

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    You can try the following:
    There is no option to change UEFI or legacy and also no option select priority of boot device.
  • Shahbx

Tinkerer

I'm on Endless Os (Linux), How can I apply this method?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Shahbx

Tinkerer

pendrive is already connected.
  • Shahbx

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    And it works! Thanks @egydiocoelho

• Did you have access to the pendrive?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Shahbx

Tinkerer

edited July 2018
    @egydiocoelho, There is another problem USB HDD is only showing in boot priority order, not in boot menu.
  • do you want to install windows 10 on hdd usb?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Shahbx

Tinkerer

Noegydiocoelho said:
    do you want to install windows 10 on hdd usb?
    no i want it on my laptop.
  • Is the usb hdd converted to gpt format?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Shahbx

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Is the usb hdd converted to gpt format?
    Yes
  • Shahbx

Tinkerer

@gydiocoelho, Why it is not showing on boot menu? please help.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    It is possible that the hdd usb is not appearing in the boot menu (f12) because it does not contain the windows boot files! When installing windows 10 using the pendrive, make sure windows detects the hdd usb!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Shahbx

Tinkerer

I'm doing this once again, hope you are right.@egydiocoelho