Headphone is not working. Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-76

mattymatt
mattymatt Member Posts: 11 New User
edited September 2019 in Nitro Gaming
Hello,

I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-76YG that I got 3-4 weeks ago. I cannot use an ear-phone or ear-bud because the sound just comes from the Speaker.

Can someone help me with getting sound in the ear-buds?

-Thank you.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, OK, but this does NOT mean the ring configs in the USB adapter audio jack are the same as those in the computer jack. I'm still not convinced that you have the correct headphones for the computer jack. However, if you're convinced otherwise, then you should arrange for warranty service ASAP at this link using your machine's serial number id(SNID). https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/support   If you don't know the SNID, open the command prompt and enter "wmic bios get serialnumber" without the quotes. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

Before beginning, make sure that your sound issues are not a matter of faulty or broken headphones. Try using another pair to see if it fixes your problem. 

If your headphones aren't the issue, the first thing to do is to take a look at your approved audio devices to see if your headphones are being rejected by your system. Head to your Control Panel, and click Hardware and Sound > Sound. Then click Manage Audio Devices.

If the headphones icon is shown, simply set the option as your default sound option. If the icon is missing, it may be a sign that your computer is missing drivers or that your headphones are out of order. 

If it's simply an issue of missing drivers, you can try to rectify this by updating your operating system. This will help identify any missing drivers that need installation. 

You can also download and install the audio driver : Download

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • mattymatt
    Hello Sharanji,

Thank you for the detailed reply. Really appreciate it. I tried the following - but still no luck.
    As per your suggestion, I have done the following;
    1) Tried 3 different head sets - but no sound in them.
    2) Downloaded the audio driver in your link and ran setup - it uninstalled the old drivers then restarted, installed the new ones and restarted.
    3) I see the following;

My head set / ear bud is connected to the laptop but I not see the head set icon.

- I am updating Windows to see if that helps. Thanks
  • mattymatt
    Update.

- I have updated Windows 10 and checked the head set again - but still no luck.

- Matt
  • mattymatt
    Anyone? Any more suggestions?
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    mattymatt said:
    Anyone? Any more suggestions?
    @mattymatt 
    Please check the Audio connector plug configuration

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited July 2018
    You can try the following: Go to C: \ Program Files \ Realtek \ Audio \ HDA and double-click on RAVCpl64! Plug in the headset and then click the black button as in the photo and select one of the options!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mattymatt
    Thank you Sharanji. I have the Standard TRRS type headphone.

Thanks Egydiocoelho.

This is what I see in Realtek audio...

Nothing happens when I click the Black Dot under Analog. I have my headset plugged in.
  • mattymatt
    edited July 2018
    Thanks JackE....

Nothing happens when I Right-click on the Analog on the right side after I connect the Headset.
  • You have to connect the headset and then go to the program! In analog, the black icon should be dark black and not gray because it detects when the handset is active! Then double-click the left mouse button and the options will appear!
    If this icon does not turn dark black, use the driverbooster to update the notebook drivers and try again!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mattymatt
    You have to connect the headset and then go to the program! In analog, the black icon should be dark black and not gray because it detects when the handset is active! Then double-click the left mouse button and the options will appear!
    If this icon does not turn dark black, use the driverbooster to update the notebook drivers and try again!

Thanks Egydiocoelho.

I connected and went to the program. It is still grey. It is not detecting. I tried 3 different headsets.

What is driverbooster?
  • Is a program that updates the drivers of the notebook!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    @mattymatt I think you need to carefully check the pin-ring configurations of the headset plugs you're trying to use. I suspect you may be trying to use cellphone or AV headset plugs. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mattymatt
    edited July 2018
    Hi,

Since I tried all that you guys suggested and the problem still persists.

I had ordered a USB to 3.5mm Audio Jack Adapter - which I got today and it is working.

I have noticed another thing regarding my laptop;

- it's not just the audio jack that is not working but also the 2 USB 2.0 ports on the right side of laptop. I have tested various USB 1.0/2.0 devices and the laptop is not even recognizing the plug-n-play devices. Even the USB to Audio Jack is working on USB 3.0 port on the left side of the laptop not on the right side.

I live in Montreal,QC Canada - is there an Acer Repair Shop here? I think I have a 1 year warranty on my laptop - will it be sufficient to cover the repair of said USB ports/audio?

- Kindly,
    Matt

• JackE
    >>>I had ordered a USB to 3.5mm Audio Jack Adapter - which I got today and it is working. >>>

Is the audio jack adapter working or is it NOT working? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mattymatt
    It is working JackE. If you mean when it is plugged in USB - yes. Not, if directly attached to the Audio Port on the right of the laptop.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Yes, OK, but this does NOT mean the ring configs in the USB adapter audio jack are the same as those in the computer jack. I'm still not convinced that you have the correct headphones for the computer jack. However, if you're convinced otherwise, then you should arrange for warranty service ASAP at this link using your machine's serial number id(SNID). https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/support   If you don't know the SNID, open the command prompt and enter "wmic bios get serialnumber" without the quotes. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mattymatt
    Thanks JackE. I will send a warranty service request.
  • JackE
    OK. Seems like that's the best way to handle this. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ