Should I update the BIOS of Predator Predator G9-593 to 1.14V?

Beingastan
Beingastan Member Posts: 22 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Asking because the Acer Care Center says my system is up to date. Here's the link to Acer's official support page: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6964?b=1  (If it's a yes, can you tell me the steps to update BIOS?)

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Just download the bios file and then extract it with winrar or another extraction program! After just run the program on windows itself!
    To upgrade, turn off the wifi, unplug the peripherals from the usb ports and also leave the notebook with the battery charged and let it connected to electric power!
    The greater risk is you condemn the notebook to uselessness due to lack of energy! That's why it's a good idea to first let the notebook's battery pack 100% charged and twist so you do not give anything wrong in the process!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    edited July 2018
    You can check the current bios version of your notebook by typing in the cmd as administrator the following command wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion!
    If your version is less than 1.14, always download the most current version that is 1.14! To do this, disconnect everything that is connected to the usb ports, and the notebook must be charged with the battery and the notebook connected to the power supply! Taking these precautions, just download the file and have it run!
    However there is risk of giving some problem and you can condemn your notebook to uselessness! Only do it if it really is needed!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Beingastan
    Beingastan Member Posts: 22 Networker
    You can check the current bios version of your notebook by typing in the cmd as administrator the following command wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion!
    If your version is less than 1.14, always download the most current version that is 1.14! To do this, disconnect everything that is connected to the usb ports, and the notebook must be charged with the battery and the notebook connected to the power supply! Taking these precautions, just download the file and have it run!
    However there is risk of giving some problem and you can condemn your notebook to uselessness! Only do it if it really is needed!
    My current BIOS is 1.13 (checked using Acer Care Center), do unzip the newer BIOS file into a pen drive first or simply run it? Which one is safer? If I've to use a pen drive, what are the steps to I've to follow to update the BIOS?
    Also what kind of risks can arise? I'm not acquainted with these things so any help would be appreciated.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Just download the bios file and then extract it with winrar or another extraction program! After just run the program on windows itself!
    To upgrade, turn off the wifi, unplug the peripherals from the usb ports and also leave the notebook with the battery charged and let it connected to electric power!
    The greater risk is you condemn the notebook to uselessness due to lack of energy! That's why it's a good idea to first let the notebook's battery pack 100% charged and twist so you do not give anything wrong in the process!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer