Helios 300 G3 572 Display Panel Upgrade

xXMisterNoXx
xXMisterNoXx Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi y'all,
I am looking to upgrade the display of my Acer Predator Helios 300 G3 572, as I am a professional photographer, and the photos I edit on the laptop look very different as to when I look at them on my iphone, ipad or hp 24es monitor, which means either I need to calibrate with a colorimeter or I need to upgrade the display panel. Which display panel would you recommend the most for photo editing work, that will work flawlessly on the helios 300?

thx in advance

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,433 Trailblazer
    Part of color rendering perceptions may be due to the graphics adapter, not the screen. The mainboard type determines which adapters you're locked into. The screen-type can also affect rendering but mainly depending on the viewing angle. IPS screens are superior to TN screen in this respect. If you have a TN screen, the following 3 IPS screens and part nos. should be compatible with your machine. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Hi y'all,
    I am looking to upgrade the display of my Acer Predator Helios 300 G3 572, as I am a professional photographer, and the photos I edit on the laptop look very different as to when I look at them on my iphone, ipad or hp 24es monitor, which means either I need to calibrate with a colorimeter or I need to upgrade the display panel. Which display panel would you recommend the most for photo editing work, that will work flawlessly on the helios 300?

thx in advance
    Here is a link to a video on how to upgrade your screen in the Helios 300 and in the description it gives links to panel upgrades the top one of the list being 94% sRGB.

https://youtu.be/HoO9q_svwz0

Then there is this video where the screen was calibrated and two ICC profiles are given for once you upgrade your screen. When you purchase a screen upgrade by itself the calibration is not complete rather it's done by the manufacturer when they install it to your system.
    It might be worth following the videos guide and see if the color corrections/brightness improvement helps enough to eliminate the need for an upgraded panel.. 

https://youtu.be/ropxdGicvKY
    - Hotel Hero
  • xXMisterNoXx
    xXMisterNoXx Member Posts: 2 New User
    Red-Sand said:
    Hi y'all,

thx in advance
    Here is a link to a video on how to upgrade your screen in the Helios 300 and in the description it gives links to panel upgrades the top one of the list being 94% sRGB.

https://youtu.be/HoO9q_svwz0

Then there is this video where the screen was calibrated and two ICC profiles are given for once you upgrade your screen. When you purchase a screen upgrade by itself the calibration is not complete rather it's done by the manufacturer when they install it to your system.
    It might be worth following the videos guide and see if the color corrections/brightness improvement helps enough to eliminate the need for an upgraded panel.. 

https://youtu.be/ropxdGicvKY
    thanks for the quick response,

i already tried the method with the calibration and icc profiles, but there was no option with which i got a screen setting with which the display produced pictures that didnt differ on my ipad, iphone or hp 24es monitor. so there are only two options left: colorimeter or display panel upgrade.

so i ordered a professional colorimeter and let it do its work once it arrives, and if the display still sucks or does not display the colors right, i'm definitely gonna upgrade to a new display panel. now the 94% ntsc panel is a TN display which is not recommended for photo editing (it's used on high end msi laptops, but it is said that the'yre actually good for gaming but not so good for content creating), which means only an IPS display is an option. now i found one which has 72% color gamut, but i read somewere that somebody installed that panel on his helios 300 and he experienced over saturated colors, and there was no way for him to get the colors right, and i dont know if a colorimeter could fix that. really need to be sure about an IPS panel that works flawlessly on my helios 300.