X34P ghosting

Chayes3755
Chayes3755 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
Hi.
I recently purchased an x34p monitor. Last night while playing f1 2017 I notice very slight ghosting during reply. Never noticed it before. Motion blur is of and g-sync is on and I'm running it 120hz. The graphics card I'm using is evga 1080ti. And resolution is at 3440x1440. Any ideas of how to fix this?
Thanks in advance

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Chayes3755 

This monitor has an Vertically Aligned type panel. VA is known for ghosting and blur. Some people are unfortunate enough to not notice it, but if you do, you hate it. 
    Basically ghosting and less vibrant colors. VA has trailing/ghosting, although its much better then it used to be but IPS does not have this problem. IPS has best color accuracy and viewing angles possible, but bad contrast ratios compared to VA.

Did you have the overclock setting on extreme or something? I don't see what people mean when they say there's ghosting/ blur, the only time I did see ghosting is when I had the extreme setting on. Please  try reducing the overclock to a lower refresh rate through the on-screen display settings.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • JMeth
    JMeth Member Posts: 2 New User
    Sharanji said:
    Chayes3755 

This monitor has an Vertically Aligned type panel. VA is known for ghosting and blur. Some people are unfortunate enough to not notice it, but if you do, you hate it. 
    Basically ghosting and less vibrant colors. VA has trailing/ghosting, although its much better then it used to be but IPS does not have this problem. IPS has best color accuracy and viewing angles possible, but bad contrast ratios compared to VA.

Did you have the overclock setting on extreme or something? I don't see what people mean when they say there's ghosting/ blur, the only time I did see ghosting is when I had the extreme setting on. Please  try reducing the overclock to a lower refresh rate through the on-screen display settings.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Dude, if you don’t know the answer on a question on this forum, it’s better to say nothing then to bluff in the hope to harvest some likes.

OP has a X34P, which is an IPS panel (not VA).