Amd quad core processor a5-7310 up to 2.4ghz

Adapted : Amd Radeon R5 M335 2gb

Integrated one : AMD Radeon R4

4gb ram

Software ::-

Win 10 64bits

updated drivers

Version 24.20.11016.4 on both amd graphic cards

Im trying to run a very simple game which should run smoothly. The game is urban terror, a fps game with low requeriments.

This is kinda a new laptop,bought it whitout hardrive and added it mine from the old laptop.

Cleaned the hardrive and installed a new iso Windows.

Drivers are up to date, tried the vga recommended from acer website and the one recommended on amd's.

Also did all those options of high performance on cataclyst and amd settings. It shows the game as checked on high performance.

I have tried diferente configs with low resolutions and other low cfg tweaks.

It should get me the max 125 fps wih ease , and all it gives me are super unstable 30\40\50\60 fps.

What i feel is happening is all the work is being done by the integrated card(R4) and not by the adapted one (R5 m335). The info on the performance tab is confusing to me but it seems the r5 is not being used at all. As showned on the screenshots there is not ativity related to r5 m335.

Can´t seem to disable the integrated card as it seems the r5 can t be used whithout the r4.

Don´t know what to try next. Im a bit lost.
Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance.

Specs and screenshots below:

Game name :Quak3-urt.exe

LOW CONFIG PERFORMANCE

HIGH CONFIG PERFORMANCE:

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>This is kinda a new laptop,bought it whitout hardrive and added it mine from the old laptop. Cleaned the hardrive and installed a new iso Windows.>>>

This might make it difficult. System files in Microsoft generic Win10 for this machine might not be the same as ACER specific Win10. I'm also a bit confused about the graphics drivers you've loaded because specs don't seem to resemble those from the ACER download webpage for this model. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6197?b=1  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• slsp92
    slsp92 Member Posts: 5 New User
    JackE said:
    >>>This is kinda a new laptop,bought it whitout hardrive and added it mine from the old laptop. Cleaned the hardrive and installed a new iso Windows.>>>

This might make it difficult. System files in Microsoft generic Win10 for this machine might not be the same as ACER specific Win10. I'm also a bit confused about the graphics drivers you've loaded because specs don't seem to resemble those from the ACER download webpage for this model. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6197?b=1  Jack E/NJ

What do you recommend doing on the win 10 possible conflict of system files?The win 10 i have is just a clean Windows based on my old which do not match the acer hardware,given me problems with win ativation. Despite that i dont feel that's the problem.
    About the drivers i have tried the acer recommended one and the AMD which they recommend for my graphics card. Those specs if im not mistaken are the ones from AMD.
    The game also uses open_GL. 
    Theres no way of turning the R4(integrated) off right? If i do R5 wont work at all as well.
  • JackE
    >>>The win 10 i have is just a clean Windows based on my old [laptop] which do not match the acer hardware,given me problems with win ativation.>>>

What do you mean by "clean Windows based on my old laptop"? If the old laptop had factory-installed Windows, any installation iso made from it won't be clean since its OEM license is embedded in a chip on the old laptop's mainboard. This OEM license is no longer stored on the HDD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• slsp92
    JackE said:
    >>>The win 10 i have is just a clean Windows based on my old [laptop] which do not match the acer hardware,given me problems with win ativation.>>>

What do you mean by "clean Windows based on my old laptop"? If the old laptop had factory-installed Windows, any installation iso made from it won't be clean since its OEM license is embedded in a chip on the old laptop's mainboard. This OEM license is no longer stored on the HDD. Jack E/NJ
    Im yet to ativate Windows ,i might have to purchase a new license. Could that be the problem about the graphics?
  • JackE
    It might. You're trying to install an OEM Windows version licensed for running on another machine. Until it's activated, Windows won't try to automatically detect and install the correct drivers or Windows updates for the new machine. Windows may eventually refuse to load or load properly if you're connected to the web.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• slsp92
    JackE said:
    It might. You're trying to install an OEM Windows version licensed for running on another machine. Until it's activated, Windows won't try to automatically detect and install the correct drivers or Windows updates for the new machine. Windows may eventually refuse to load or load properly if you're connected to the web.  Jack E/NJ

Don t really think so, the problem is R4 doing a big part of the job and the switch between them make the low and drop fps. If that is connected to the win not being ativated seems unlikely no?I mean the graphics drivers i ve tried all the solutions, everything says is up to date.
  • JackE
    >>>This is kinda a new laptop,bought it whitout hardrive >>>

Maybe. Maybe not. Kinda hard to tell what the factory-installed OS and country origin was on your particular 722G. You might get a clue by opening the command prompt and entering "wmic os get serialnumber" without the quotes. If it was an OEM Windows version, you should get an OEM license code result. In this case, you might be able to purchase the original ACER-specific Windows installation USB or DVD for about 45 usd depending on its serial number id (SNID) and where it was built. To also get the machine's SNID, enter "wmic bios get serialnumber" without the quotes.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ