G3-710 Sent in for Repair But Came Back Acting Different...

ZortBurn
ZortBurn Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
As the title says, my computer one night just shut off and wouldn't turn on. I carried it to a Acer repair center and got it back the next day and they said they replaced the "mainboard" and it passed all the tests. When I come home to use it, starting it up I immediately noticed something was off about my pc. Normally, before the breakdown, the pc started up with a few beeps and fans turning and my monitor, as it's in standby, turns on with the Acer Predator Logo of the pc boot up within about 5-10 seconds. Now, after the repair, it starts up with the regular beeps and such but my monitor doesn't turn on for about 10-15s longer than usual and then the Predator boot up shows. At first I thought it was my monitor but after investigating, my pc now does a second beep, that's exactly like the first beep, that actually signifies it's turning on that wasn't present before.

TL;DR: After a "mainboard" issue that permanently shut off my pc and replacement, my pc, when starting it, does the original beeps, stalls for 10 seconds, then beeps again and actually starts up and I'm wondering why that is.  

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    ZortBurn 
    >>>To clean boot your Windows 10 computer, follow the steps given below:
    Go to search bar and type System Configuration and press enter.
    On the Services tab, select on Hide all Microsoft services check box and click Disable all and then click on an ok tab.
    Again go to Startup tab and search Task Manager and to open click on it.
    Now go to select all items and click on the Disable tab and close the task manager.
    Now again go to start-up tab and type of the System Configuration dialog box, click on ok and restart your computer.

>>>Please chekc if fast startup is turned On or Off. Open Control Panel. Click Power Options. Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.Checkmark Turn on fast startup. Click Save changes.

>>>Check and repair system file error
    Run System File Checker in Windows  and type cmd in start search box. Right-click cmd and choose Run As Administrator. 
    At the command prompt, type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
    The SFC utility will run for a while and if any corruptions or errors are found, replace them on reboot.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!