SA220Q - can I change it's brightness on Windows?

Alexander_K
Alexander_K Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
Hi,

so I have this monitor:
SA0 Series
Model No: SA220Q
Version: SA220Q bid

connected to my desktop PC via HDMI cable. And I wonder, is it possible to change brightness on Windows, like on a laptop? (Currently there's no such option available).

Windows 10 1803 x64
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
As for the monitor driver, I used the only version available - version 1.0 (2016/10/12) for Windows 8 x64.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Alexander_K 
    In short, basically impossible unless you are willing to do a custom mod of your monitor.
    The Windows 10 Creators Update introduced a ‘Night Light’ feature that can be found in the Action Center or Go to PC Settings > System > Display. It makes the screen ‘more yellow’ (reduce blue light) 

You may try the following tool:
    ClickMonitorDDC 1.6 freeware
    [Disclaimer - This is a non-Acer website. You may download and try the application at your own risk]
    Simply click the notification icon in the taskbar tray area to adjust brightness or contrast of your monitor, much more comfortable and faster than manually messing around with your monitor-buttons.
    The notification icon informs you about the monitor values,you simply look at the icon to check if the wanted values are already set,no need for moving the mouse over the icon for a tooltip or even click the icon.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Alexander_K 
    In short, basically impossible unless you are willing to do a custom mod of your monitor.
    The Windows 10 Creators Update introduced a ‘Night Light’ feature that can be found in the Action Center or Go to PC Settings > System > Display. It makes the screen ‘more yellow’ (reduce blue light) 

You may try the following tool:
    ClickMonitorDDC 1.6 freeware
    [Disclaimer - This is a non-Acer website. You may download and try the application at your own risk]
    Simply click the notification icon in the taskbar tray area to adjust brightness or contrast of your monitor, much more comfortable and faster than manually messing around with your monitor-buttons.
    The notification icon informs you about the monitor values,you simply look at the icon to check if the wanted values are already set,no need for moving the mouse over the icon for a tooltip or even click the icon.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Alexander_K
    Alexander_K Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks, Sharanji!

Despite being ugly as hell (both app and website), ClickMonitorDDC really did the trick. I found a similar app which also controls monitor via DDC protocol and can change it's brightness/backlight:
    Screenbright
    It's... well, it's also ugly, but has a much simpler UI, which can be more preferable for someone.
  • momima
    momima Member Posts: 1 New User
    some time ago I used Screenbright, which worked quite well, but sometimes the brightness/contrast-change did not really happen,
    this is annoying, you can not trust 100%, mostly Sreenbright works, but not always,
    I found out, that DDC/CI-Interface is not a stable interface, it is quite slow and sometimes there are timing-errors,
    only solution is to retry, now I use ClickMonitorDDC, which never fails for me, it seems this tool is more intelligent and does some retries until success.
    And I think for daily use ClickMonitorDDC is great, totally easy to use, and if really needed there are tons of additional options.