Product key for Office 365 was not included in box. How can I recover it?

LNA
LNA Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

No text

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Most products that come with Office 365 are set to automatically activate the first time you run the software. There is not generally a key in the box anymore.

Can you provide your serial number, so I can confirm what version of Office 365 you should have, and if it should automatically activate or if it has a key in the box?

• LNA

Serial Number: [edited for privacy]

SNID:[edited for privacy]

• Blayn-Acer

It should automatically activate. If you press the Windows key to bring up the start menu, then select Microsoft Office 365 tile, you should see an option to activate. Click that option and follow the onscreen prompts. If you are still having a problem, can you PM me your phone number, and we can call to try to help.

• LNA

I PM'd you. Thank you so much!

• Blayn-Acer

PM replied to. 

• Tom5
    Tom5 Member Posts: 1 New User

I purchased a refurbished ACER Cloudbook and cannot activate the 1 year subscription to Office 365.  Sales page says the cloudbook has office 365 but when I click on the tile it will not activate.  The Cloudbook does not have a key or sticker for Office 365 or Windows 10.  Purchased the refurbished unit from Newegg.  Model is: Acer Laptop Aspire One Cloudbook AO1-131-C9RK Intel Celeron N3050 (1.60 GHz) 2 GB Memory 32 GB Flash SSD Intel HD Graphics 11.6".

Other info: apparently the Office 365 has to be activated within 6 months and these refurbished units may have sat in warehouse before being sold.  If so how do I activate it and fix it.

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Hello Tom5,

Office 365 is only supported on selected brand new Acer Cloudbook products and it activates automatically; a refurbished unit might not have this option.

I sent you a private message with some information.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • ceciliafhunt
    ceciliafhunt Member Posts: 1 New User

I also cannot get my free 1 year subscription working. I do not know what the office tile looks like, I have one for word, excel and powerpoint and one note but they do not have a 1 year subscription but a week one! Could you please supply me with a picture of what this elusive office 'tile' meant to look like? 

• ABDUL_GANI_786
    ABDUL_GANI_786 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Most products that come with Office 365 are set to automatically activate the first time you run the software. There is not generally a key in the box anymore. Can you provide your serial number, so I can confirm what version of Office 365 you should have, and if it should automatically activate or if it has a key in the box?
  • ABDUL_GANI_786
    ABDUL_GANI_786 Member Posts: 2 New User

Most products that come with Office 365 are set to automatically activate the first time you run the software. There is not generally a key in the box anymore.

Can you provide your serial number, so I can confirm what version of Office 365 you should have, and if it should automatically activate or if it has a key in the box?

• Auztec
    Auztec Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi, My new Acer Aspire 3 is prompting me for an Office 365 or Microsoft 2016 product key when I attempt to open Word.

This seems to be the same scenario as those above.

Is there someone who can help me, please?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Is yours a year old yet?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Auztec
    Auztec Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi billsy, mine just came out of the shop last week, it's brand new.
  • billsey
    I think the free for one year Office is tied to the Microsoft account you activated it with. No need for a key, but you will have to purchase renewals after the free period expires. It sound like you somehow got into trial mode. Was it a demo unit at the shop? If so someone might have activated it on the showroom floor...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ybolorin
    ybolorin Member Posts: 1 New User
    I literaly got mine about 3 days ago and it is asking me for a product key. 
  • smiley56
    smiley56 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same issue: no product key came with the Amazon receipt, and opening Word or Excel keeps asking for product key.  Can I contact you with the S/N for you to reset the installation?  Thank you.

• billsey
    Office 365 is activated differently than the desktop version. You activate it through your Microsoft account and use that account to open the apps.