My Aspire e15 575G's charging port or cable isnt charging properly.

CTRL_POLAR
CTRL_POLAR Member Posts: 5 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Randomly my laptop will say its not charging while my cord is in and I have to move the cord around till it starts charging again. Sometimes i can just push the jack in a little and its fixed, other times I have to spin my jack back and forth till it registers it. I have a single male prong instead of two, so I can't do the spreading prong method. Sometimes it's fine and with out even touching the cord it disconnects. This is a problem because when I'm gaming, I can't see my notification bar saying its no longer charging so I have to alt+tab out and mess with the cord till its fixed and that's not a guarantee that it will stay charging. I don't know if i need to replace the port or the cord but I don't have money to do either and was hoping someone had same problem and there's a solution that doesn't require replacing anything.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    >>>I have a single male prong instead of two>>>

All modern chargers have a single charging plug, not prong, that plugs into the laptops charging jack. Your problem is probably the spring-load sliding metal contact inside the computer jack isn't making good contact with the shiney metal cylinder surrounding the outside of the plug. You need to poke inside the jack with a needle, preferrably with the battery disconnected, to slightly bend this sliding contact so it makes a better connection with the outside of the plug. Jack E/NJ      

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>I have a single male prong instead of two>>>

All modern chargers have a single charging plug, not prong, that plugs into the laptops charging jack. Your problem is probably the spring-load sliding metal contact inside the computer jack isn't making good contact with the shiney metal cylinder surrounding the outside of the plug. You need to poke inside the jack with a needle, preferrably with the battery disconnected, to slightly bend this sliding contact so it makes a better connection with the outside of the plug. Jack E/NJ      

Jack E/NJ

• CTRL_POLAR
    I'll try this and let you know if it fixes my problem. But that sounds like whats causing the problem.
  • JackE
    Good luck with it. Hope you don't have to open the machine to get better access to the jack's contact. It's really quite a simple arrangement inside. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• CTRL_POLAR
    To get to my battery i would have tot take my computer apart so It might be a little longer. I need to get a mini screw driver to get to the battery.
  • CTRL_POLAR
    I tried it and it seems to be working a little better. It almost never changes charging state and when it does I dont have to play with it to much. I didnt try to play with the springs to much just in caution of breaking them but if it starts again Ill know I can try a little more and maybe that will stop the problem. Thank you for the help!
  • JackE
    You could try a insulating wooden or plastic toothpick next time to bend the contact so you don't have to pull it apart. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• CTRL_POLAR
    That completely slipped my mind. I will try that next time. Thank you!
  • shackjohn
    shackjohn Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'had the same problem with my first E15 575, with no solution.  Having given up on finding a solution, I researched for a replacement and kept coming back to the exact same machine.  So I got a second one, figuring how could it happen twice, right.  Well it did, after about the same amount of time - a year or so.  I took it to the Geeks.  They tried a new charging cable:  it lit right up, no problem.  It's the charging cable.